50 dollar bounce mushroom?????!!!!

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to my local fish store and saw a purple blue green rhodactis with little specs of orange on it for some reason I decided to take a closer look and...... i saw a small orange dots near the mouth of thought thats cool a rock of 6 for 50 buck I'll take it.

I come home throw it under my ahi prime and notice this!!! Is it possible that my mushroom is a bounce mushroom.

14978001320532106320116.jpg

1497800191389974215029.jpg

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I went to my local fish store and saw a purple blue green rhodactis with little specs of orange on it for some reason I decided to take a closer look and...... i saw a small orange dots near the mouth of thought thats cool a rock of 6 for 50 buck I'll take it.

I come home throw it under my ahi prime and notice this!!! Is it possible that my mushroom is a bounce mushroom.

14978001320532106320116.jpg

1497800191389974215029.jpg
Nice score! I mean, its how you define bounce mushrooms. Technically any bubble vesicles are considered a bounce, but to me bounce mushrooms are covered with them completely. They look wonderfull, give them some time. Who knows they might turn out really pretty in the near future

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, generally the "bubbles" need to be big in relation to the mushroom for people to spend big money on them. That being said it's still a a good price for what you got and over time the bubbles could grow in size.

OP
OP
Francoreef

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score! I mean, its how you define bounce mushrooms. Technically any bubble vesicles are considered a bounce, but to me bounce mushrooms are covered with them completely. They look wonderfull, give them some time. Who knows they might turn out really pretty in the near future
Yeah, generally the "bubbles" need to be big in relation to the mushroom for people to spend big money on them. That being said it's still a a good price for what you got and over time the bubbles could grow in size.

Well I've been told that mushrooms bounce depending on over exposes to high light I don't know how much truth goes to that but I will deffinetly be testing this theory when my new build is finished and I throw these puppies under metal halide

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been told that mushrooms bounce depending on over exposes to high light I don't know how much truth goes to that but I will deffinetly be testing this theory when my new build is finished and I throw these puppies under metal halide

Yeah, that is one theory, that or exposure to LED lights. Just remember to go slow with acclimating the mushrooms to MH, I run MH and it's easy to burn up mushrooms under it.

OP
OP
Francoreef

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that is one theory, that or exposure to LED lights. Just remember to go slow with acclimating the mushrooms to MH, I run MH and it's easy to burn up mushrooms under it.
I'm thinking about running the bikini sun 150 how do you like your growth under MH and does it really hit your light bill that bad

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about running the bikini sun 150 how do you like your growth under MH and does it really hit your light bill that bad
Well... I have lots of lights so can't say how bad a single 150W MH will hit your light bill. People talk about LED being energy efficient, but it you are running an LED at full blast you are close to the same power consumption or over it. Granted the main power consumption with MH is with most people needing to chill the tank because of the added heat and that is where the real saving of running LED factors in.

OP
OP
Francoreef

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I have lots of lights so can't say how bad a single 150W MH will hit your light bill. People talk about LED being energy efficient, but it you are running an LED at full blast you are close to the same power consumption or over it. Granted the main power consumption with MH is with most people needing to chill the tank because of the added heat and that is where the real saving of running LED factors in.
Ahhh ok I understand now I haunt purchased the light but I want an sps dominant tank that's why I thought metal halide don t get me wrong leds are great but my and t5 are a gold standard

chris3del

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mushroom with cancer crank up the blues and watch it bounce

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back