50 Gallon Lagoon Beginner Build

SaltwaterJAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just joined Reef2Reef and I want to document my tank build and also get some advice. My tank is an Innovative Marine 50 NUVO Fusion Lagoon Pro 2 AIO. This is an upgrade for my Biocube 32. I made my aquascape with Marco Reef Saver Rocks and lots of epoxy and mortar. I have 2 AI Prime 16 lights and an AI Nero 5 on the back. I plan on having a mixed reef with easy/intermediate corals. Let me know if you have any advice or suggestions for my build!

BB802910-FC52-430D-A78E-AE7214F29F4B.jpeg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your rockwork. How long did you operate Nuevo 32 and what did you like best about your livestock.

In starting a reef tank with dry sand & dry rock, I find that adding diver collected, uncured live rock & live sand that introduces diversity of micro fauna & fana is the best insurance for long term stability in our reef tanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SaltwaterJAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your rockwork. How long did you operate Nuevo 32 and what did you like best about your livestock.

In starting a reef tank with dry sand & dry rock, I find that adding diver collected, uncured live rock & live sand that introduces diversity of micro fauna & fana is the best insurance for long term stability in our reef tanks.
Thanks for the reply! I have had my 32 gallon running for a couple years. My favorite livestock in the tank are my clownfish and euphillia corals. I used Caribsea’s Special Grade Arag-Alive Live sand for my new tank.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from bacteria in the “agri alive” live sand, do you intend to transfer live stock from established Biocube 32?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SaltwaterJAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do plan on moving the livestock from the Biocube into the 50 gallon. I’m using Dr. Tim’s One and Only with their ammonia to cycle the new tank.

BBReef14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NIce, just getting my lagoon in a few days. Any issues mounting lights? do you have a top view?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back