50 gallon tank

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now, here is our setup for the Jebao 36w UV that was installed on 6/18/2020 using Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0 and monitoring the flow through Neptune Apex flow meter...around 300gph.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 8.48.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 8.49.37 AM.png

We purchased these clips from Lowes and screw them into the top back bracket. The clips clamp onto the flow meter using zip ties and easy to remove.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 8.50.07 AM.png

I guess being the install is complete, I need to tighten up everything.

Hi @ShepherdReefer !

All the setup looks awesome! Congrats. I am putting together a new nano reef and I was debating about put a UV in the return, in your opinion worth it?

Thank you

OP
OP
ShepherdReefer

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @ShepherdReefer !

All the setup looks awesome! Congrats. I am putting together a new nano reef and I was debating about put a UV in the return, in your opinion worth it?

Thank you

Yes. I will be posting new pictures in a few weeks. Also, sometime late this year, we will be adding to our home that will increase our kitchen size and allowing us to have a space for a larger tank. We are thinking about 500-gallon but possibly around 900-gallons that will have a fish room behind it...well, that is my plan. So, if that happens, I would set up the UV in the beginning. We also have a small 25-gallon tank with a UV in the chamber, don't know if it is working on not.

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I will be posting new pictures in a few weeks. Also, sometime late this year, we will be adding to our home that will increase our kitchen size and allowing us to have a space for a larger tank. We are thinking about 500-gallon but possibly around 900-gallons that will have a fish room behind it...well, that is my plan. So, if that happens, I would set up the UV in the beginning. We also have a small 25-gallon tank with a UV in the chamber, don't know if it is working on not.

Thanks!

OP
OP
ShepherdReefer

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on the progress of the tank. We have added a few corals but the video does not show the correct color of the corals or fish. I am using two filters, green and orange but they did not help.

Last edited:

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your cable management. I plan on tidying mine up too once things calm down. I’ve been so busy just getting everything on the new tank up and running. Nice job though. I also like your rock work.
As for dino’s, make sure you add pods, phyto and bacteria. One of the best defenses against them is biodiversity. Dr Tim’s also offers a dino fighting bacteria combo (Refresh and Waste Away). I’ve heard good things about it although I haven’t used it.

OP
OP
ShepherdReefer

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tank is about 6-7 weeks old. I combined two other tanks into one. The new one is about 70+ total gallons of saltwater, the tank is IM novo 50 gallon and 20 gallon trigger emerald sump. The return pump is VarioS 2, bubble-magus curve 5 PS, tune osmolator 3155 with 5 gallon trigger RO tank, 2 XR15, MP10w & MP40w power heads, Kessil H160, and few more items. The newest item was the Neptun Apex controller. The larger clown we purchased around 2007...she will eat out of your hand. The small clown we picked up about 2 years ago and the Tang about the same time. The file fish we don't remember when we got her.

IMG_0487 2.JPG IMG_0488 2.JPG IMG_0485 2.PNG IMG_0484 2.jpeg
Wow, has time changed! All these fish in the 50 were moved to the new 190. the controls station was downsized to a smaller tank. We have many new corals because, during our 2-months of COVID, we could not take care of the tank and lost just about all corals. I still want to make a few more changes to the pump situation in the sump on my to-do list. I will post new pictures soon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back