$5000 Overfill Accident Bill

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cruising through the TV channels this morning when I hear "125 gallon fish tank accident". It was the TV show, Hot Bench, where two people argue over a bill in front of three judges. It started with a guy wanting to rent a room, but beforehand, he asks if he can bring his fishtanks. The landlady says yes but what he doesn't tell her is that there are six 75 gallon tanks and a 125. He sets up the six tanks outside with the125 in the room. She is a little shocked at the tank sizes but lets him keep them. One day, he falls asleep while filling the 125, putting 40 gallons on the floor. The same day, she gets the utility bills for electric and water and freaks. Now, she wants him out and to pay the repair and utility bills. After all of the arguments, the landlady (who the judges didn't like) gets $5000 for damages and utility bills.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cruising through the TV channels this morning when I hear "125 gallon fish tank accident". It was the TV show, Hot Bench, where two people argue over a bill in front of three judges. It started with a guy wanting to rent a room, but beforehand, he asks if he can bring his fishtanks. The landlady says yes but what he doesn't tell her is that there are six 75 gallon tanks and a 125. He sets up the six tanks outside with the125 in the room. She is a little shocked at the tank sizes but lets him keep them. One day, he falls asleep while filling the 125, putting 40 gallons on the floor. The same day, she gets the utility bills for electric and water and freaks. Now, she wants him out and to pay the repair and utility bills. After all of the arguments, the landlady (who the judges didn't like) gets $5000 for damages and utility bills.
Well, isn't that fair enough that the fish tank owner should pay for the damage as it is his fault as well as paying for the utilities used to power the tanks in question? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

No one else pays if i make a boo-boo or if I want to run seven tanks (..which I do!) ;)

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back