50g Frag Tank build

20170904_135606.jpg 20170904_135550.jpg 20170904_135531.jpg
Started adding water. I have some wire management to do now.
 
Looking good! There is something about frag tanks that gets me excited, can't wait to see this progress!
 
Awsome set up in looking to get a low boy myself but I can't find anywhere that ships online and of course my lfs can't get them for me
 
Some updated pictures of the sump. The tank is now running.
20170923_202456.jpg 20170923_202511.jpg 20170923_202602.jpg
 
what kind of nems do you have for it? There are some black widows and rainbows I might make a drive for. I like the canopy you made for this tank. Never seen that before on one of these tanks.
 
I decided to use half the tank for propagating anemones. I put Marine Pure Biofilter Media on the anemone side so them have something to attatch to thats easy to remove. 20180113_190622.jpg 20180113_190631.jpg
Nice!
 
what kind of nems do you have for it? There are some black widows and rainbows I might make a drive for. I like the canopy you made for this tank. Never seen that before on one of these tanks.
Thanks! Right now I just have some red bubbles. I'm going to try cutting and raising these for a bit first then get some really ultra ones to propagate.
 
Which size Jebao did you use or prefer for this setup?
 
I used the dcp-6500. I run it on about 40% power. I tend to buy larger and then run on the lower settings. I believe I get longer life out of the pump that way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new