530g Lighting

Giovanni Guzman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many kessil A360x will it take to light a tank that is (96L×36wx36h)? The tank its self will be heavily lps, some softies and 3 clams, the only sps in there will be a couple of birdsnest that's it.
I do plan on running some t5 with the kessils as a hybrid setup.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot, that’s fairly high, Clams need a lot of par as well, you will need the narrow lens on them to punch that deep but that reduces spread. The tank is also nice and wide so you will need to double them up or stagger them depending on your scape. I would say at least eight, most likely more, I haven’t seen the narrow lens in person to have a proper judgement on the spread of each to give you an exact amount. I would get or rent a par meter for sure when you are setting them up to ensure they are providing even coverage.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to see this tank by the way! I love my 360x’s, the colors they can produce are amazing.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not bother with Kessils. They are nice little lights but no real power, would probably need a dozen to make an impact on that size of tank. Instead of loading up on expensive little LED units, I would put more emphasis on the T5s. Maybe look into 2 - 48" 6 or 8 bulb fixtures with a couple of the Orphek blue LED bars with them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back