54 corner tank

Legomaniac

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
26
Location
Port St Lucie
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a build thread to document my new office tank. It's a 54 gallon corner tank that I snagged from craigslist. It replaces a 15 gallon nano in the opposite corner of my office. Ill add more details later. The tank has been running for 1 weeks so it will be ugly for a little while yet. 0211221113_HDR.jpg
 
Starting a build thread to document my new office tank. It's a 54 gallon corner tank that I snagged from craigslist. It replaces a 15 gallon nano in the opposite corner of my office. Ill add more details later. The tank has been running for 1 weeks so it will be ugly for a little while yet. 0211221113_HDR.jpg
What lights are those? I have the same tank, yet my lighting is terrible.
 
The lights are Current USA R24. I couldn't pass up the deal to get a set of 2 with bluetooth on Chewy for $275. I really like them so far. The tank is still going through the uglies so I haven't updated this in a while. Im just about at the end of the ugly tunnel. Went through a hair algae outbreak and now the red slime, but its clearing up now and I see a few specks of coraline and lots of pods on tue glass in the mornings.
 
I’m about to post my 54gallon corner tank build…..

are u running a sump? If so can we see ur set up? And what overflow are you using?
 
I do have a sump. Fiji Cube 20. No filter socks, lots of live rock. Bubble Magus curve 5 skimmer, carbon reactor, Jebao return pump, Aqua UV 15 watt sterilizer. I built my own overflow out of a sheet of acrylic from lowes and drilled the side of the tank since the bottom is tempered glass. I still need to clean up the wiring for the sump equipment.
 

Attachments

  • 0517221023_HDR.jpg
    0517221023_HDR.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 154
  • 0517221024_HDR.jpg
    0517221024_HDR.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 0517221024a_HDR.jpg
    0517221024a_HDR.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 123

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new