54 x 3 watt led build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.BAdams
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure will. I'm estastic, the shimmer the leds put off is amazing. You would never know it wasn't a metal halide setup by the looks of it had I not told you otherwise. I don't have as much of a blue tint as I prefer but, what can I do... I have four ATI blue plus bulbs running along side the leds. Oh well, its about the corals I suppose. :xd:
 
A looks great. I'm told you can put screens over the top of the tank to lessen the light if you don't have a dimmer and you find you need to let you corals acclimate to the new light.

Looks like you have a tunze power head and if so how do you like it?
 
No, its not a tunze. Its a OceanStream OS-101k wave maker kit although, I've always wanted a tunze to try out for myself. I have heard good things about tunze brand items.
 
Mr. Adams, I am amazed and inspired! This is a BRILLIANTbuild! Is there anyway that you could post a complete parts list and possible schematic?
 
Mr. Adams, I am amazed and inspired! This is a BRILLIANTbuild! Is there anyway that you could post a complete parts list and possible schematic?

Thank you! Getting a schematic wouldn't be hard at all, I'm sure I could do this. Let me go through parts and jot them down, along side how I did it as well.
 
Man, your whole set-up is great. And I bet knowing how much DIY work you did, makes it even sweeter.
 
So its been a few days since I added the extra light. The acclmation went well, other then an anemone moving around. I'll post a new video in a week or two
 
20130112_141441_zps505456d2.jpg


No cleaning for these dudes... Slacking on the job!
 
LOL@you are now having to tell where you got your livestock from to be on the safe side

Kinda weird how experiences change us. :wink:

Have you two learned nothing! NEVER put your exchanges in writing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new