OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
this is where I had to cut out the middle support. And restain the wood to blend in.

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that looks pretty good to me. diff. better than my attempt at doing same thing.
Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming, Please.

Ray

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About that Miracle Mud; Before you spread it out you may want to try to put it into several piles. It will harden in time and will get like concrete. So if you put a pile in each corner then you can move them when they harden and add more if you so wish to.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About that Miracle Mud; Before you spread it out you may want to try to put it into several piles. It will harden in time and will get like concrete. So if you put a pile in each corner then you can move them when they harden and add more if you so wish to.
I will try that I have a left over 3" into 2" PVC fitting it will make it look like a volcano make 4-6 piles. Smart. Shoot me a link to your tank love to check it out. And thanks.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I been at work all morning stressing over these **** micro bubbles!!!!!! I know I know new system set up I know but ahhhh. Ok feel little better now until I go home and spend the next 4 h trying to zero them out. And anyone have a ideal how much miracle mud I need refugium is 11.5" x 9.5. Also the new skimmer hasn't created any foam yet so either I need to adjust it and I'm a idiot or I have no waste in my water and I know I have waste. We will see in a couple hours.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't add the Miracle Mud if you haven't already, it just makes a big mess. I've used it before and didn't see any benefits from it, just negatives. If it gets disturbed at all it will end up in your tank.

Can you post some pic's of your sump so we can see where the micro bubbles may be coming from?

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't add the Miracle Mud if you haven't already, it just makes a big mess. I've used it before and didn't see any benefits from it, just negatives. If it gets disturbed at all it will end up in your tank.

Can you post some pic's of your sump so we can see where the micro bubbles may be coming from?
It's coming from my drain down from the over flow box I'm not using a sock. The flow is exactly where I had it befor with the 10g sump and this is almost 3 times that size. Hopefully the Cheeto algae will help a ton. And fine tunning. I seem this DIY where some one took a 2" cap cut a 1" hold in the top then along the hole he drilled air escape holes and extended the 2" cap down to the base of the sump so bubbles escaped through the top of the cap and water through the bottom. Hard to explain ill try and build it. Can't remember where I saw it. And thanks for comeing onboard.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after messing with the flow and skimmer micro bubbles are. Very limited but still there it's now comeing from my protein skimmer. In new so hopefull it will break in soon. And the skimmer still isn't producing skim like I think it should. I Just wait and see for now.

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you im trying. stain is to dark for me grabed the wrong one when i applyed and there was no turning back once you take the first stroke

Always use your scrap pieces as test subjects. My pops is a carpenter and ive built a couple of things here and there but stain is never true to color in the store it always depends on the type of wood (hard/soft ect..) stain a **** piece your going to toss anyways and it will give you an idea if you need to buy something lighter/darker.

Awesome start so far man! Keep it up

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always use your scrap pieces as test subjects. My pops is a carpenter and ive built a couple of things here and there but stain is never true to color in the store it always depends on the type of wood (hard/soft ect..) stain a **** piece your going to toss anyways and it will give you an idea if you need to buy something lighter/darker.

Awesome start so far man! Keep it up
Ya I know for next time by hey I think it worked out it don't show my **** ups as much.

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had this torch coral for about 3 months now it was to 2 different mouths but as of yesterday one of the. Columns retracted and Combined into one big coral. Any Explanation why this happens. Sump should be here tomorrow and the mp10 this weekend Fingers crossed
I have only about 5 yrs w/corals so what I am saying it I am NO pro. But My two cents is that it was ready to split and then did not due to some change. Now I should have researched how the torch does before I offered this opinion. I am not sure if they just multiply or split or both, even tho Ive had several.
If it still looks healthy and the lights are the same I would not be concerned about it.

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after messing with the flow and skimmer micro bubbles are. Very limited but still there it's now comeing from my protein skimmer. In new so hopefull it will break in soon. And the skimmer still isn't producing skim like I think it should. I Just wait and see for now.

How many gallons is your sump? From what I can see in the pic it appears that water level is too high. I do not believe that the skimmer should sit that deep in the water. I have an octo 250 and it sits in sump and when water level changes so does the performance of skimmer. So that could be the source of bubbles.

Maybe some of the more experienced reefers can chime in here to confirm or otherwise present more info on that skimmer/sump setup??

Just be sure to advance slow and try to have a mental picture in mind of the finished product (Goal) that you want. That way you will save time and money. :tongue:

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FORGOT 2 add this. Some time the skimmer is not needed until the tank is really cycled. Some reefers only turn on skimmer after several weeks of feeding and then only use it for short periods at a time.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump is 23 gallons the tank is 8m old and the skimmer has a ow water level and high water lvl it's at the base of the low lvl. I thought the same thing I have the skimmer on for 12h durning the day. And 10" is the water lvl and it will be Consistent because of there Design. It's a reef octpous 4" pinwheel. Ill take some pic of the water marks on the skimmer. It just bubbles not foam my old skimmer was touchy also till I got it dialed in. The torch is huge when it's extended . And doing very well. My god of war just had a baby so now 3 heads started with 1. Slowest growing Zoa I have.

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not at all fam. w/the octo 4 that you have but looks like a good one. I dont think I can add any suggestions about your foam. Have you talked to youe LFS or the supplier of skimmer to ask their opinion?
Without eyes on I got nothing. But please keep us informed as you go thru this problem so we can maybe expand our knowledge for the future.

God Bless, Ray

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not at all fam. w/the octo 4 that you have but looks like a good one. I dont think I can add any suggestions about your foam. Have you talked to youe LFS or the supplier of skimmer to ask their opinion?
Without eyes on I got nothing. But please keep us informed as you go thru this problem so we can maybe expand our knowledge for the future.

God Bless, Ray
I have and they told me to allow it 3-4 weeks to break in, and if not Satisfied they would give me a store credit for something else. But the odd think is I got sick of seeing very very small micro bubbles in my tank so I stuck the sock back on last night and this morning the skimmer was doing a lot better.... Coincidence .... Idk but I will wait and see. Went to my Lfs to pick up the miracle mud and they were out. So they ordered me some and it's being shipped to my house no charge. Also ordered some pods just to double make sure I have enough in my system. Along with 5 red Mangrove. Excited to get home and play around with the setting on the mp10.... Anyone have Their preference of settings that they like the most?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back