55 gallon reef build

Today is also water change day before moving corals tonight.
I'm thinking of getting the drill out to make some holes in an interesting shaped live rock for a nice colored zoa garden since they seem to be really happy.
Anybody else have zoas in a nice color combo set up? I'd love to see pictures!
 
New live auction WWC goodies arrived today and are acclimating! Got my two $5 pieces and then some.

20200305_145849.jpg
 
A few days after my last post, my newer Coral Beauty decide to beat up my female clown. Her dorsal fin and tail were frayed and she had a swollen left eye with an ulcer on it. Took me all day but I caught the pair of clowns and put them into my 10G quarantine tank. They love it there and have full recovered with no need for medication, just tincture of time. I was so worry I'd lose one or both of them.

Current parameters:
55G DT: 10G QT:
T = 78 T = 78
Sg = 1.024 Sg = 1.026
Alk 2.63 Alk 2.81
NH4 0 NH4 0
NO2 0 NO2 0
NO3 20 NO3 10
PO4 0.02 PO4 0.02
Ca 500 Ca 480
Mg 1340 Mg 1300

Here are some
20200318_154114.jpg
20200318_154252.jpg
pics of happy residents, new coral and a few photo bombers. 20200318_154226.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20200318_154259.mp4
    83 MB
A few days after my last post, my newer Coral Beauty decide to beat up my female clown. Her dorsal fin and tail were frayed and she had a swollen left eye with an ulcer on it. Took me all day but I caught the pair of clowns and put them into my 10G quarantine tank. They love it there and have full recovered with no need for medication, just tincture of time. I was so worry I'd lose one or both of them.

Current parameters:
55G DT: 10G QT:
T = 78 T = 78
Sg = 1.024 Sg = 1.026
Alk 2.63 Alk 2.81
NH4 0 NH4 0
NO2 0 NO2 0
NO3 20 NO3 10
PO4 0.02 PO4 0.02
Ca 500 Ca 480
Mg 1340 Mg 1300

Here are some
20200318_154114.jpg
20200318_154252.jpg
pics of happy residents, new coral and a few photo bombers. 20200318_154226.jpg
I hope your tank is still doing well, I would love to hear what you're doing for filtration?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new