55 to 90 AGA transfer

WC, will help a lot and your livestock will thank you for it.
You will go through a cycle as your test results are already giving you the indication.
Eyes on the ammonia and nitrite, if these are rising please do a WC ASAP before your shrimp will go belly-up.
Cycling will take a little longer as you need the ammonia to feed the bacteria, with a WC you slow it down but at least your fish will live.
If No3 is creeping higher please do use the skimmer as you will algae a step a head with that.
Diesel,

Gonna mix my own saltwater tomorrow night when I get back home from my trip. For the WC you suggested, I'm assuming you mean +/- 25%, right? I'm trying to also raise the salinity from .021-.022 to .025. Should I mix the new saltwater slightly higher in salinity to help achieve this? Or make it standard .025-.026? I know I've had some evaporation, but have had fresh RODI going thru my ATO, so actual DT volume & salinity has remained constant at .021-.022.

THANKS AGAIN!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new