- Nov 14, 2017
- Reaction score
Does it add much heat into the system?
It does add some, especially when you are pushing slower flow through a big enclosure. (I realize that 600GPH per pump is fast for many tanks, but with all 1.5" plumbing, I could crank my flow up to 2000GPH)
Oddly, I think I hit the perfect amount of heating for the tank in my specific environment. With all equipment running, and with the way my HVAC is set on the main floor (74 during the day, 77 at night) the tank temp always stays between 78-79.5 degrees -- never any higher. In the wintertime, I might need a heater once in a while.
- 2x Reef Octopus Varios-8 pumps
- 2x Lifegard Aquatics 120W UV Sterilizers
- Refugium Kessil H380 Light
- Frag Tank: 2x Kessil A360X + 4 T5 bulbs
- Skimmer pump (Reef Octopus Varios-6 pump)
- Display lights: 5 Kessil A360X + 8 T5 bulbs