1000gal DT build

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I’ve been working on this project since May 2018. Currently there is form in Atlanta Reef Club with tank progress. I’m going to update this form with my progress.
Fun little project ...
Tank dimensions 130x59x31
Following along, and also hello from Auburn. I have heard about y'all from multiple people, but just haven't had the opportunity to look into your club! I hope the recent storms did not blow y'all away either. I have a current build going, and maybe I can pick up on some of your carpenter skills!

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, and also hello from Auburn. I have heard about y'all from multiple people, but just haven't had the opportunity to look into your club! I hope the recent storms did not blow y'all away either. I have a current build going, and maybe I can pick up on some of your carpenter skills!
Luckily storm was no where near us, but a lot of people in Alabama got hurt.

I wish I had carpenter skills, I’m amateur at best :)
Thanks!

I’ll be adding some pictures of the progress soon.

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished plumbing of first two pumps. Here is a quick video

6EA82458-5DB0-4AEE-A70F-5EE6511A2B83.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I’ve been working on this project since May 2018. Currently there is form in Atlanta Reef Club with tank progress. I’m going to update this form with my progress.
Fun little project ...
Tank dimensions 130x59x31

Following along and looking forward to watching this system grow. I like how you referred to it as, "Fun little project." Many, if not most reefers here would consider this a fun huge project!

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along and looking forward to watching this system grow. I like how you referred to it as, "Fun little project." Many, if not most reefers here would consider this a fun huge project!

Yea, he got bit by the bug pretty good. Most reefers look to buy a tank that they can fit in their house. He bought a house that can fit his tank! LOL

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, he got bit by the bug pretty good. Most reefers look to buy a tank that they can fit in their house. He bought a house that can fit his tank! LOL

@anit77 - based on your avatar, I am guessing you have spent some time in Chicago!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Northern by birth, Southern by choice! ;)

Ha! I lived in Sarasota, FL for a few years and had to come back. I hate it! We are planning going back in about 1.5 years and I cannot wait.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancee is from Longboat! I'm sorry you had to leave... such a nice place!

@NanoJimmy - Oh man, I love Longboat! I used to run from my house, along the side streets, then by the marina, up and over the Ringling Bridge, down through St. Armands, hang a right, then down to Mote Aquarium, back from Mote and then down further along Longboat and back again. It was a nice 20 miler that I did pretty regularly. I sure do miss it!

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow ATLien! Nice build! I'm on ARC as well, but prefer R2R

I'm on both too, obviously. I'd like to think there's a place for both sites. R2R is a wealth of info and people from all over the world. ARC is local where you get a sense of comradery, help those local people out and make new local friends in the hobby.

But this thread is about @ATL REEF 's giant build. Anything new to report?

A couple of us ARC board members are planning a trip to go to Premier soon, possibly this weekend. If you're going to be around I'd love to stop by and check everything out while I'm on that side of town.

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on both too, obviously. I'd like to think there's a place for both sites. R2R is a wealth of info and people from all over the world. ARC is local where you get a sense of comradery, help those local people out and make new local friends in the hobby.

But this thread is about @ATL REEF 's giant build. Anything new to report?

A couple of us ARC board members are planning a trip to go to Premier soon, possibly this weekend. If you're going to be around I'd love to stop by and check everything out while I'm on that side of town.
I had leak last night, one of the sump bulkheads was dripping. It was dripping pretty fast, had about 50 gallons of water to clean up. I drained sump and Sunday I’ll have to fix the plumbing leak. It was threaded fitting probably didn’t have enough Teflon tape.

Also the pipe that’s coming from the second pump is making load humming noise. It’s probably because of vibration from wood near it. I’m planning to moving it away slightly to make it silent.

Adam, feel free to stop by anytime :) it’s a work in progress ...

3186B0BD-975C-4AF3-8B0A-43E3D06B9E11.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had leak last night, one of the sump bulkheads was dripping. It was dripping pretty fast, had about 50 gallons of water to clean up. I drained sump and Sunday I’ll have to fix the plumbing leak. It was threaded fitting probably didn’t have enough Teflon tape.

Also the pipe that’s coming from the second pump is making load humming noise. It’s probably because of vibration from wood near it. I’m planning to moving it away slightly to make it silent.

Adam, feel free to stop by anytime :) it’s a work in progress ...

3186B0BD-975C-4AF3-8B0A-43E3D06B9E11.jpeg

Just a little FYI - one is not supposed to use teflon tape on threaded PVC fittings. Because of how the fittings are manufactured using teflon tape can, and often does, lead to leaks.

OP
OP
New Jersey REEF

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little FYI - one is not supposed to use teflon tape on threaded PVC fittings. Because of how the fittings are manufactured using teflon tape can, and often does, lead to leaks.
What’s the best way to plumb it with out leflon tape?

Back