6 Line Wrasse yay or nay

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the responses. I might try a sixline wrasse just to see how it goes or might try the pink streaked wrasse.
Thanks alot
I really recommend waiting on a pinkie, I love my pair and I’ve had 5 in total now, the only 2 that passed were due to aggression (My Blenny went after my 2nd pink streak and unfortunately she died of stress) and just not doing great anyway.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really recommend waiting on a pinkie, I love my pair and I’ve had 5 in total now, the only 2 that passed were due to aggression (My Blenny went after my 2nd pink streak and unfortunately she died of stress) and just not doing great anyway.
This was my first specimen at maturity and getting small juveniles is the best thing you can do as they last much longer then. This guy only lasted a year and a half as I got him as an already coloured up fish. However my current pair I got as juveniles have now matured and started to breed (they’re only about an inch of that currently). I need to get a photo of my male that I have now as the green fins on him are gorgeous and they’ve really gone green (the photo below shows just a green dorsal but my male has green in his Dorsal, Anal and Caudal fins). The photo below is of my first specimen as I stated however he wasn’t a breeding male which shows the best colouring - If you get a juvenile and it matures you’ll have a very nice fish. I don’t recommend getting a pair of them without 3’x16” floor space at the minimum.
268193E0-AAE7-4969-B971-FC93F5A44498.jpeg

Last edited:

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key is in their nickname (666line wrasse).
That rockwork isn’t going to be enough to suit their needs, you want Atleast a 3’ tank to have just enough rockwork for them to be happy.
A Clown goby is dead to a sixline unfortunately. And infact most peaceful fish will be dead to a six.
I had a sixline in a 3’x2’x2’ tank with a ton of rockwork (it left almost no room at the back for swimming), and he still killed a CBB with my old scopas tang. I really recommend skipping a sixline and going for a Pink Streak or maybe a smaller Halichoeres with the thought you’ll have to rehome it in the future.
Strange, I've got 12 fish with my 6 line and he never bothers anyone. He just hunts in the rocks all day. Doesn't mess with inverts either.

Reephish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dealing with a mean 6 line wrasse right now. I hate that little F'r. He is relentlessly chasing a new dottyback and unfortunately I don't think it will end well.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 666line in a 90g cube.

Fish that it killed:

neon dottyback
orchid dottyback
pygmy angel
clown
multiple green chromis

I also blame it for killing my pet iguana. I can't prove it, but I am sure it sneaked out of the tank at night when the iguana was sleeping.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back