6 month update in the first tank.

Gzfrank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2020
Messages
119
Reaction score
136
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

Just thought I would drop an update on my tank as I’m going to try to be more active here. My tank will be 6 months running next week. It’s a 29 gallon that I drilled myself with a 10 gallon sump (for now).

Hardest lesson I’ve learned so far:

My return random flow nozzle needed a foam cover. RIP Mango (one of the original clownfish).

That’s been the only major issue at this point!

I’ll be upgrading around the beginning of the year after my move now that I have a decent understanding of what is involved to keep a healthy tank!

1C724C1F-C0CF-4BCA-AA8D-6C348449BA9F.jpeg
 
Upgraded my light to help support growth. Made a DIY bracket so I don’t have to purchase the mounting brackets just yet. When I upgrade to a larger tank, I’m not sure which bracket I’ll want yet. Happy with it so far!

9E330BFB-AEDC-4A26-8486-97E8A8681FB4.jpeg
 
Wow, I’m way behind updating. I’ll start adding a few of the major changes that have happened over the last 3-4 months. Here’s the stand I built. Almost zero carpentry before this project! Can’t complain! All the doors and side all come off for easy access.

Wish I would have built this with a 2x6’s across the top to eliminate extra bracing. Sump is permanent at this point.

E3EFA9B3-ABB5-496E-BB7E-02F183970A36.jpeg


3775898E-23F3-48C6-B7F3-6B8B9743C762.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new