6 months old nano tank video

  • Thread starter Thread starter os11eee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

os11eee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
london
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i set up my nano tank 50litres / 14 gallons about 6 months ago slowly introducing corals then last week added a couple of clowns and blue tang.

Im new this so not sure what to compare my tank to .. but heres a video would appreciate any advice.. does it look right ?

 
Well, your coral looks happy, so I will give it to you!
Also, I'm curious as to why you put a blue tang in there. You know, a blue tang requires a much, much bigger tank. Two clowns is fine but a blue tang is too big for that tank.
 
I didn't watch the video but can't help but wonder why you put a tang in a 14g tank? People that don't know better see this stuff on YouTube and think it is ok to do and it isn't ok. It's sets a poor example IMO With two clowns I would say no other fish should be added in a tank that size.
 
Good decision. Sorry for maybe being harsh with my first response but this happens too often and many times doesn't end well. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about livestock or any reef related matter. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here willing to answer.
Tank looks good for 6 months. Corals appear happy. Looks like maybe GSP at the end of the vid. If it is keep an eye on it as it can be invasive. I love it but I try to keep it under control.
 
Last edited:
Hey friend, welcome to R2R!

Your tank does look beautiful, so congrats on that! I agree about the concerns with the blue tang. Unfortunately, they are not suitable for that size tank, as are any other tangs, so the decision to take it back is certainly a great decision! You may want to do it sooner rather than later, as being in such a small environment can negatively impact its health and growth. I would surrender it this week if you can.

We all love this hobby and want to show respect to the critters that make it special, yourself included I'm sure, so thank you for listening to the advice you've received! The clowns will also feel a lot better having the tank all to themselves. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Good luck, and I hope you create a build thread so we can follow the progress of your tank!
 
Another question all corals seem to be doing well , apart from some zoas i brought at the beginning,

Admittedly because i just started the tank i moved them around loads even drop them a few times but they hardly opened up looked like they were dying and i threw them out

however i was under the impression they were easy to keep.

I dont think it was water parameters as all other coral is doing well

Is it worth trying again with zoas ?
 
Good decision. Sorry for maybe being harsh with my first response but this happens too often and many times doesn't end well. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about livestock or any reef related matter. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here willing to answer.
Tank looks good for 6 months. Corals appear happy. Looks like maybe GSP at the end of the vid. If it is keep an eye on it as it can be invasive. I love it but I try to keep it under control.
Ah yes its a GSP its already got massive was half the size 2 months again , will keep an eye on it
 
Another question all corals seem to be doing well , apart from some zoas i brought at the beginning,

Admittedly because i just started the tank i moved them around loads even drop them a few times but they hardly opened up looked like they were dying and i threw them out

however i was under the impression they were easy to keep.

I dont think it was water parameters as all other coral is doing well

Is it worth trying again with zoas ?
Some people on here struggle to keep zoas while others say they are extremely easy to keep. The zoas we had in our tank did good for maybe a month and ended up dying afterwards. I would try zoas again in the future if I were you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new