OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my zoas were closing up this week. Started closely inspecting and noticed what appears to be small nudibranchs on them, my assumption is zoanthid eating nudibranchs. I dipped all my zoas in revive and used a dropper to suction off any that I saw that didn’t make their way off. I have removed 4 in total. Have not seen any the last two days, but I’m going to assume they are still there.

Attachments

• IMG_9865.jpeg
    IMG_9865.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 46

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of going the same route with a 60 breeder as well but ive been getting mixed info about it not being abled to be drilled from the back.
For what it's worth, I contacted Aqueon and the customer service rep told me that all the glass, with the exception of the bottom panel, is non-tempered. I asked again to clarify and was told that yes, both sides and the front and back panels are non-tempered glass. The only tempered glass being used in the bottom panel. I know that could change tomorrow, so verify before drilling.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow going as planned. Ordering some more corals from a local dealer this week. Order is currently a toadstool, some zoas, pulsing zenia, gorgonian, and possible a large feather duster.

Finally had time to start working on the RODI garage storage station. I started by taking an empty Reef Crystals bucket and cutting the top off about an inch below the last ring on the rim. Then I got a 50 gallon food storage drum from a friend. I laid my bucket piece on top to draw a ring of where I want my opening cut, and used a jigsaw to cut open the top. The bucket piece sets in and I got a screw top lid to put on. I will caulk around this to seal it very well.

The food storage container was cleaned very well and rinsed heavily. More to come on this project this week hopefully.

IMG_9931.jpg
IMG_9933.jpg
IMG_9934.jpg
IMG_9935.jpg
IMG_9936.jpg

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped out my filters on my RODI unit today. Started seeing 1ppm on the out end. Filters weee in Black Friday sale so I just went ahead and did it.

Also, bought two 200 gallon bags of Red Sea (blue bucket) salt. I moved the bags into a food safe pill container that has a lid seal and metal clamp. Is easier to store this way and will put it right next to the RODI storage bin I’m still putting together.

IMG_9963.jpeg
IMG_9964.jpeg

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much progress or changes with all the holiday stuff going on. However, I had my first "Apex saved me moment today". I got an alert my temp had dropped below 75. My first thought was my heaters had died. I headed home at lunch and walked inside to hear loud splashing. Ran to the tank and opened the sump to find that when I moved my return pump last weekend to get some detritus out, I must have moved it to far. The silicone tube that connects to the return pump was no longer attached and shooting water up. Thankfully it didn't flood anything, just a little water on top of the sump. Hose reattached and back to normal. Glad I made the investment now.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much progress or changes with all the holiday stuff going on. However, I had my first "Apex saved me moment today". I got an alert my temp had dropped below 75. My first thought was my heaters had died. I headed home at lunch and walked inside to hear loud splashing. Ran to the tank and opened the sump to find that when I moved my return pump last weekend to get some detritus out, I must have moved it to far. The silicone tube that connects to the return pump was no longer attached and shooting water up. Thankfully it didn't flood anything, just a little water on top of the sump. Hose reattached and back to normal. Glad I made the investment now.
I’ve had that happen before. Silicone tubing is notorious for that. Make sure to pick up some of the plastic hose clamps from BRS. A couple bucks saves a lot of hassle.

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you, what is the height of the stand you built? And Did you make the doors? It looks great

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had that happen before. Silicone tubing is notorious for that. Make sure to pick up some of the plastic hose clamps from BRS. A couple bucks saves a lot of hassle.
I should have done this from the start. I think I had planned on it, forgot to order and in the excitement of setting up never gave it another thought.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back