OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^thank you both!
Added just shy of a five gallon bucket of rubble to the 90 gallon pod heaven fuge today. Getting a good amount of micro fauna down there. (Horrible phone pics)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402636856.748875.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402636871.990802.jpg

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to organize my plugs and add a work bench to the sump. Still needs a little tweaking, but so far I'm happy with it. Also tore down my 20 long that was withering away and added the fish and coral to the sump for now. I want to add some shy fish in the display first, and give my fuge more time to mature, so the sump was the best option for them.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403224874.401503.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403224888.231179.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403224899.546078.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403224910.409487.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403224923.929404.jpg

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! I dig the light setup, can't wait to see it mounted!

That fuge! Now that's adding some volume right there

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! I dig the light setup, can't wait to see it mounted!

That fuge! Now that's adding some volume right there

Yeah, thanks. I figured with more water in the filtration setups than the display I would have a pretty stable tank that hopefully makes a fair amount of food!

New pick up for the tank today! Pretty excited about getting it setup.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403311692.554702.jpg

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally got the light up. It's maybe a little quirkier than I anticipated, but it's unique and matches the style of the stand! Really glad to finally have it up though. Still playing with settings, but right now it's running the natural
Schedule or whatever they call that one based on the reef and it's about 50% full power.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403830420.064331.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403830429.908521.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403830441.006124.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403830449.634683.jpg

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks^

Well, the tank seems pretty stable. I had to switch the sensors out on my hydrofill as they weren't recognizing low water levels. Innovative Marine had pretty stellar customer service.

I am getting a little itchy to get some stuff put in the tank. I have a frag of sunny d palys that I have nursed along in a subpar tank for the past year. They lost a good bit of color and are mostly brown at this point. Hoping the radion will bring them out of it. I put together my tentative coral list (I have no illusions that this list is final or that I will actually end up with it all, but it was a good place to start). But here goes, and if I have it out there for all to see, maybe it will make it easier on me to follow through!

SPS:
Pink lemonade
Red planet
Strawberry shortcake
Crybaby jake milli
Green slimer
Blue stag
Oregon blue tort

Zoas:
Fruit loops
Rastas
Blue hornets
Blue macaws
Blondies
La lakers

Orange ricordia
Bright flower nem w/sexy shrimp

Blue/green/bright rainbow acans

Torch (either bright green or gold)
Frogspawn

These are the maybes. I like the look and would love to have them, just don't know if this is the tank for them:
Elegance?
Bubbletip (sunburst, lemon drop, rainbow...one of those would make the decision easier!)?

Hopefully I can start checking things off the list soon

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much has changed, but I did take a better shot of the whole tank and stand with something other than an iPhone.
IMG_7105.jpg

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a few frags this weekend. Pics tomorrow if everything opens up. Added:
Cali tort
Green slimer
Orange setosa
Candy apple reds
Rastas
Blondies
Red hornets
Blue hornets
Spider-Mans

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't taken any shots of the coral, but its because I have been too distracted. Picked up my center piece fish for the tank yesterday-Red Saddled anthias. I have wanted these guys for quite awhile and was stocked that it worked out to add them first to the display. These guys are one of the biggest reasons I made a 90 gal fuge. Hoping the tank produces enough food to help them along. Put these guys in last night and today they are pecking at LRS reef frenzy. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a good sign!!

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it seems like for every good thing that happens in this hobby, something equally as bad happens at the same time! After I took those pics earlier, I went down to my fish room to do a water change and found my frostbite clown floating belly up. Ugh. So frustrating. My only thought was that we had a power outage for a couple hours in the middle of the night (according to my clocks and the local news, I was unaware of it until I woke up) and something happened to her then.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to see more reasons for less fish and more coral. My trio of red saddled anthias have been eating a ton, seemed stable, all had a place to hide and today I get home and see one of them just thrashing the other one. I was able to pull it out and put it in the fuge, but it was beat up pretty bad. Hope it makes it. It sucks losing the money (not a cheap anthias), but even more I just hate losing fish. There is a sort of attachment to seeing them interacting through the day. And it's even more rough that these are the fish I had in mind designing the whole build and now that I'm down to 2, I wonder if I should pull one out now instead of losing another one, which means I need to start over on what I want my center piece fish to be. Read good things about the tierra/resplendent anthias, anyone have any ideas on how a couple of those would mix with one or two red saddled? done ranting....at least for now

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a long overdue update.
I've added a lot of coral to the tank. Right now it has:
Green slimer
california tort
orange setosa
AD crybaby jake milli
tierra del fuego acro -starting to show some great color for such a small frag!
a lemonade acro (can't remember which one)
green (almost joker-ish) acan
a redish rainbowish acan
sunny d palys most have morphed into an interesting look due to my past lighting on an old tank, but the babies are starting to show that classic sunny d look
utter choas
blondies
rastas
daisy dukes
rainbow paly
unknown red/yellow zoo
blue hornets
green implosion paly
candy apple reds
cats eye zoo.

Fish wise, I am down to 2 red striped anthias (most slowly dropped off, then one was beat to death by the dominant anthias) and 1 neon goby. Still wanting more fish, but a little conflicted on what to get.
anyway, here are some subpar pics:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back