60 cube

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup. The style of the light and stand look great. Those saddle back anthias are a great catch.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Thanks. Unfortunately, the red saddled anthias didn't make it. Would love to learn a bit more and maybe try them (or some from that complex) again in the future

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Thanks. Unfortunately, the red saddled anthias didn't make it. Would love to learn a bit more and maybe try them (or some from that complex) again in the future

You have similar taste in fish as I do. I've had them before. Did they eat? When I had them I use Cyclopeeze(frozen) and nutramar ova. Then gradually worked other foods into diet.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a build thread or anything? Always like to see setups with similar fish! Mine are pretty aggressively. Fed lrs reef frenzy exclusively. I had them in the tank on their own, which I have read can lead them to be more nervous and hide more. Not sure what happened

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a build thread or anything? Always like to see setups with similar fish! Mine are pretty aggressively. Fed lrs reef frenzy exclusively. I had them in the tank on their own, which I have read can lead them to be more nervous and hide more. Not sure what happened

I don't have a new tank thread. Those anthias I had in my past tank. I just upgraded to a 60xl solana cube. I'm letting the tank grow out a little before I start a new thread. When I deal with nervous fish species like anthias I look for one individual that has more confidence than the others at the store. If one goes out to grab food, the others would likely follow the leader. Monkey see monkey do type situation.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad way to kickoff reef season! Happy birthday to me
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441332347.313227.jpg

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Love my borb. Got the vortechs in last night running tidal swell mode, perpendicular to each other (one on back wall, one on side). I don't love how one blocks the view on the side, but I'm not sure how both would do on the back wall. Next step is to build a mixing station so I can get the dos set up as a water changer.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up with both vortechs on the back wall, still running tidal swell. Everything but one wall hammer is responding really well to them. I think I will have to get rid of the hammer soon. It is a bit weird, the wall hammer right next to it seems to be thriving, and this one just gets a little more brunt of the flow and is staying a little more closed up than it had been. Seeing a bit more polyp extension on the spa and actually some vertical growth on a stick that has been encrusting now for about a year.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found a two face zoa in my tank today. Not sure what happened to it, as there are no other colonies around this one. Still pretty cool

IMG_2066.JPG

Fitz_bizZle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percentage are you running your lights at just got a hydra 26 just need somthing to work off of thanks

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the reef radiance (think that's what it is called) program, so temp and intensity change throughout the day

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frustrating day on the reef! I finished my mixing station and got it running last night. Went down to finalize things and get a batch of saltwater going so I could finish setting up my Dos for automatic water changes and I found my sump with an extra 15 gallons of water in it. Apparently I forgot to account for my ato line being able to create a siphon between the 30 gallons of ro water and the tank. Salinity only dropped to 1.20. Not horrible. I've got it bumped back up to 1.23 for now. After this was temporarily fixed (probably getting a check valve tomorrow, or hanging the line high and letting it splash down into sump? Any ideas??), I decided to continue on and get my Apex updated to get the dos online and going. Updating turned into a huge headache, then my daughter woke up from her nap, which meant time to work on the fish tank is over for the day. Needless to say, I currently do not have an ato running or the dos. Hopefully tomorrow things will look better!

Payday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I wish I had a basement/fish room like that! Love the Borb!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back