60 gal cube SeaHorse build

TerraCaelus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
221
Reaction score
303
Location
Bay Area,California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not going to be a fast build! Here’s my start, basically where my tank is going to go. Will be a 60 gal cube, I’m working on getting the tank thru my LFS, thinking of doing a trigger sapphire sump, reef octopus essence s130 skimmer. Haven’t decided on powerhead yet.

For lighting I’m thinking of using a single kessil 360, will be sticking with macro algae.

f29f0183491d7ea7528900d0a8d31a81.jpg
 
background has been siliconed in. Just waiting for my stand then everything will get up and running
48378724_296649160966618_5925531941796315136_n.jpg

I like the concept for the back of the tank.
 
72440842_777404726052496_1065613379348987904_n.jpg

update to the world slowest seahorse tank build. This year my dog had extensive medical bills with 2 TPLO surgeries, so the build got put on hold. But! things are back in the works. Construction of my steel stand has started. Since I'm not a welder I bribed a friend with booze to help me out.
 
That's some serious steel. Did you tell him you'd be putting a 'fish' tank on it or a Sherman tank? ;Joyful
Can't wait to see this come together!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new