60 gal cube SeaHorse build

78728811_514973589099286_2279455194003537920_n.jpg

77169090_433835700859379_7474078169826328576_n.jpg
 
This will be the end of this thread for my 60 cube and unfortunately it is ending in tragedy. The tanks seam is failing after less than a year. Yes, the tank is level, yes the stand is flat, yes It is sitting on foam. If anyone is thinking about getting a Marineland 60 gal cube. DO NOT DO IT. Mine is not the only story of failure and after talking to others apparently there is a problem with these tanks busting seams. I am heart broken as I put in a lot of work to get this set up goin. At some point in the very near future I will have a new build threat going for this tanks replacement. I hope my sea horse can survive the process.
 
This will be the end of this thread for my 60 cube and unfortunately it is ending in tragedy. The tanks seam is failing after less than a year. Yes, the tank is level, yes the stand is flat, yes It is sitting on foam. If anyone is thinking about getting a Marineland 60 gal cube. DO NOT DO IT. Mine is not the only story of failure and after talking to others apparently there is a problem with these tanks busting seams. I am heart broken as I put in a lot of work to get this set up goin. At some point in the very near future I will have a new build threat going for this tanks replacement. I hope my sea horse can survive the process.
I'm sorry to hear that. I heard that a lot as well about marineland tanks when I worked at a pet store and I even had people who had bought them from like PetSmart and completely reseal them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new