60-gallon aquarium stocking list ideas

SkyyasaurusRex

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
Bryan Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM SR Pro 2 60 AIO Aquarium. I am trying to get stocking list ideas for this tank. I am new to saltwater tanks and plan to have soft corals. I would love to hear any ideas. Thank you
 
Two clowns definitely, a wrasse ( I like yellow coris), royal gramma, pajama or bangai cardinal or both, hawk fish ( I like red flame) to name a few. But just start with the clowns
 
Pair of clowns (add first)
Blue star leopard wrasse pair
Pair of Bangai cardinals (add first)
Midas blenny
Randal’s Goby/pistol shrimp
Royal Gramma (add last)

The blue start leopard wrasses are the show fish, you need to find ones that eat prepared foods. Still my favorite fish.

As far as corals, I like torches, hammers, frogspawn, Duncan’s, acans, scollys, plate corals, clove polyps, and zoas.

But since you want softy’s.
Zoas, toadstool leathers, Fiji leathers, clove polyps.
 
Yes, that would be great.

My choices for a 60 gallon that's 36" long would look something like this:

  1. Pair of clowns (your choice in variety)
  2. Pair of Bangaii Cardinals
  3. Royal Gramma or you can swap for an Orchid Dottyback if you prefer
  4. Six-Line Wrasse, they get a bad wrap but I've always have had good luck with them and a very good natural defense against pests
  5. Flame Hawkfish, lots of personality but may go after your cleaner shrimp if it's small
  6. Star or Lawnmower Blenny, lots of personality and fun to watch hovering over the rocks grazing on algae
  7. You can also probably throw in a single Azure Damsel, one of the least aggressive but has vibrant blue and yellow colors.

For corals it sounds like you want to lean softies which I like, you can't go wrong with Sinelaria's, a Blue Solomon Tree, a long polyp leather toadstool. Those are my favorite plus the many varieties of mushrooms.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new