60 Gallon Aqueon Build

jacolandoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a 60 gallon Aqueon reef and wondering how the maintenance on a fluval 407 canister filter would be. That is, how often would I have to rinse out the media and how often would I have to buy and replace the mechanical media? Also I was looking for lighting for the tank which is 48” long. Would two 100 watt nicrew lights be sufficient for proper coverage? Would one 150 watt work?

Thank you, Any help is much appreciated

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run Multiple reef tanks for over 30 years with Eheim canister filter 2217 without any problems. Works for me. I clean them every 2 to 3 months as needed, NEVER had Issues as some seem to complain of. The late GREAT Peter Wilkens one of the original reef pioneers used them also to great effect.

OrlandoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a 60 gallon Aqueon reef and wondering how the maintenance on a fluval 407 canister filter would be. That is, how often would I have to rinse out the media and how often would I have to buy and replace the mechanical media? Also I was looking for lighting for the tank which is 48” long. Would two 100 watt nicrew lights be sufficient for proper coverage? Would one 150 watt work?

Thank you, Any help is much appreciated
What is the height

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back