60 Gallon Build

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rebuilding the tank from scratch. All corals are dead and the rock are covered in algae. As I've said before I hate this hobby and love this hobby. I'm going to tear it all down and try again.
I feel you on that. I have one large tank that’s doing well, but I attempted to start an SPS based nano cube last summer. Let’s just say I gave the tank to a friend because I gave up after 2 restarts with it. If you decide to get new rock go with TBS live rock or Gulf Live Rock. Great rock and an excellent way to seed tank with goodness.

OP
OP
otzhorse

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you on that. I have one large tank that’s doing well, but I attempted to start an SPS based nano cube last summer. Let’s just say I gave the tank to a friend because I gave up after 2 restarts with it. If you decide to get new rock go with TBS live rock or Gulf Live Rock. Great rock and an excellent way to seed tank with goodness.
Will do and thank you for the advice Steve. I'll be honest, I think trying to do things with a smaller or smallish tank are more difficult in a lot of ways than just getting a 125 or 150. I don't have room for a sump/refugium, which I think is part of my problem. Live and learn. The next house and the next tank will be a monster.

OP
OP
otzhorse

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time has come to redo the aquascape. I have soaked the rock in bleach, removed all the algae, soaked it in RODI and dechlorinator. The rock is 100% dry now so I'm going to use some reef cement and acrylic rods to build a decent scape. Once it is finished and in the tank, I'll add some images.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back