60 gallon cube

jeffskaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get a deep blue 60 gallon rimless tank, just going thru and getting everything together, just wanted to ask what skimmer you think I should go with, looking at skimz sk181 or the reef octopus sro2000, and getting ai vega lights but wondering if I should get 1or 2, just trying to get some help?

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the dimensions of the tank? the vegas are supposed to be able to cover an area of 24"x24".

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would probably be ok with just one. I am putting four over my 36x36x26 cume but that is waybover kill. Coming yp with a good way to cover cube proportions can be tricky and i couldnt figure out how to fet food coverage with less without looking odd. I dont have a hood so it needed to look clean. You could always add a second in the future if need be but the 24x24 coverage is per ai.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, I will let you know in the next day or 2. I have a 60 cube and have been running 2 sol whites on it for 2 yrs. They did not have the sol blue and I did not know they would release one a few months after buying the whites. So I have a vega color in hand this morning and will try to mount it today or tomorrow here at my office. This is my office cube. I am going for 1 now as is does seem to have good spread playing with it last night at home. I have a dual t5 setup I can always add. I actually have been thinking of getting 3-4 of the UV led chips 410-420 and doing a little 4 led add on for UV since they left that out of there build to date. As far as skimmer I run a cone SWC 160 cone and its a dang good skimmer. If you wanted to really rock it out maybe a 180 swc cone but actually I think it may be to much. With my sump I am roughly 70 gallons.

OP
OP
J

jeffskaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have one vega on order, and was told one should be enough, I know that are much brighter then the sols, as far as the skimmer I went with the reef octopus, my buddy had one in stock, the only problem was finding a sump, but he had one custom made for me from next reef, thinking about adding a doser, looking at the ghl and the bubble magus

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a couple GHL controllers and dosers 1 each on this cube and 1 each on my 240 at home. BM looks good also but I am 100% sold on everything GHL makes.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking at the bubble msgus doser but who is ghm

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry ghl

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran 1 flawless for a few yrs to date and my other has never had a problem either. Actually dosing alk/ca and vinegar with both setups and add Mg when needed. Thinking of just adding another motor and then add Mg 1x a week with the doser.

OP
OP
J

jeffskaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at either the 3 pump or the 4 pump, that way I can dose cal, alk, and mag, and have a spare with the 4 in case I want to do iodine

Winschuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a SK181 on my 100G. It took a few weeks to get running properly with a low bio load, but now I love it. It's constantly pulling a nice thick layer of skimmate out. You might want to look at the 161 for a 60G.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back