60 gallon shallow rimless build

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the same thing but with a 60 cube. Mine has had water in it for 2-3 weeks now.

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the same thing but with a 60 cube. Mine has had water in it for 2-3 weeks now.

Nice, post some pics! I had a hard time deciding between this tank and the Deep Blue 60 cube. What size sump are you using?

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some top down pictures [ATTACH=CONFIG]98874[/ATTACH]
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, post some pics! I had a hard time deciding between this tank and the Deep Blue 60 cube. What size sump are you using?

I'm going to end up making a sump because not many decent sized tanks will fit in the stand. I went with a 20g tank for now. It's doing ok. I jammed my skimmer (IN180) into it, hah hah. So I've got a gigantic skimmer in a tiny sump but it works ok so far.

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've got an eshopps rs75. good, deep sump that fits awkardly sized stands.

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing well, I had a diatom outbreak that started Monday morning. I went and picked up some snails yesterday to add to the small CUC I had in the Solana, they went right to work. I was having some trouble with a coating forming on top of the water surface, it appeared that the overflow wasn't surface skimming. I cut two inches of the drain plumbing, only leaving it barley submerged and this seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm really happy with the OR-IT2080 light I ended up purchasing, My LPS corals have never looked this good. I have never seen my acans looking so plump. Regarding the light. I had originally ordered a Reef Radiance Lumintek 240 Pro , but I ended up cancelling the order after six weeks went by and they were still unsure of when the shipment would arrive. I did not really have the time to wait any longer because the light I was running over the Solana went out and I had already scheduled time off of work to do the upgrade. I was really pleased with Dustin at Ocean Revive, he got the light shipped out the same day I ordered it and it was delivered early after noon, the day I was transferring tanks.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing well, I had a diatom outbreak that started Monday morning. I went and picked up some snails yesterday to add to the small CUC I had in the Solana, they went right to work. I was having some trouble with a coating forming on top of the water surface, it appeared that the overflow wasn't surface skimming. I cut two inches of the drain plumbing, only leaving it barley submerged and this seems to have fixed the problem. I'm really happy with the OR-IT2080 light I ended up purchasing, My LPS corals have never looked this good. I have never seen my acans looking so plump. Regarding the light. I had originally ordered a Reef Radiance Lumintek 240 Pro , but I ended up cancelling the order after six weeks went by and they were still unsure of when the shipment would arrive. I did not really have the time to wait any longer because the light I was running over the Solana went out and I had already scheduled time off of work to do the upgrade. I was really pleased with Dustin at Ocean Revive, he got the light shipped out the same day I ordered it and it was delivered early after noon, the day I was transferring tanks.

Good work man, can't wait to see more pics.

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help with the order I add fish. I currently have a Maroon clown, Yellow watchman, and a Green clown Goby. I want to add three female Lyretail Anthias, Kole tang, and a Mystery Wrasse. I'm having a tough time deciding the order I should add these additions. I was originally thinking Anthias, wrasse, and Kole. I've read that both the Kole and Wrasse can be very aggressive towards new comers? Would it be possible to add the Kole first and add the Anthias and wrasse later on? A local LFS has two small Kole tang in stock and I would love to bring one home. Any suggestions would be great.

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put the Wrasse in last and the other two whichever order you want. If you want three anthias I would add them first to see how your Bioload is as opposed to buying the others and.then adding three fish

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up an Eshopps RS100 sump today. I hope to get it installed this weekend so I can finally run my tank water level higher.

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the new sump working out?

After making some modifications to the drain side of the plumbing the sump is working great and I was able to add an additional 10 gallons of water to the system.

sump1.jpg

sump2.jpg

OP
OP
Esage

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a SC Aquariums 301 skimmer. It's a copy of the BM 3.5 skimmer and it uses the same pump. I've been really happy with it so far.

SC Aquariums - Home

Last edited:

seased

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your setup looks good! I really like the shallow tanks after dealing with my 90 over the last few years.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back