60 gallon stocking list

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60-gallon tank 4 (L)* 1(W)* 2(H)

As of right now, I have
-Ocellaris clownfish.
-Royal gramma

Planning to add (in order)
-Lawnmower blenny or tailspot blenny

-Melanurus wrasse
-Yellow Corris wrasse

-Yasha goby and pistol shrimp

-Naoko wrasse
-Flame back angel fish

The question is, is this too much fish in a 60-gallon tank?
Is the wrasse going to fight?
Should I add the wrasse all together at the same time or let the melanurus and yellow wrasse adapt to the tank first because there peaceful and then the Naoko? I read that Naoko is semi-aggressive so don't know if I should introduce all the wrasses together or not?

Thanks for looking!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do have a lid, correct? If you do not, you're going to end up with a bunch of carpet surfers.

You'll need substrate for at least some of the wrasses; are you planning on a deep bed? I suppose that you could add a few sand-filled containers and hide them behind aquascape if you're going bare bottom, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Are you set on the flameback? I will always advocate for dwarf angels, but I am not sure about mixing this one with such darty and active fish. Like many dwarf angels, they need lots of aquascape for escape routes, grazing, and hidey holes, or they may feel threatened and act aggressively.

I haven't experienced wrassy aggression, but it's (specifically, nipping) a possibility. I have a petite juveline yellow coris and an adult red coris sharing a 20g observation tank, and they ignore each other.

OP
OP
Shibaken3

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do have a lid, correct? If you do not, you're going to end up with a bunch of carpet surfers.

You'll need substrate for at least some of the wrasses; are you planning on a deep bed? I suppose that you could add a few sand-filled containers and hide them behind aquascape if you're going bare bottom, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Are you set on the flameback? I will always advocate for dwarf angels, but I am not sure about mixing this one with such darty and active fish. Like many dwarf angels, they need lots of aquascape for escape routes, grazing, and hidey holes, or they may feel threatened and act aggressively.

I haven't experienced wrassy aggression, but it's (specifically, nipping) a possibility. I have a petite juveline yellow coris and an adult red coris sharing a 20g observation tank, and they ignore each other.
I have a tight lid and about 3 inches of sand, so I should be fine right? Do you have other recommendations instead of the angel fish?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you plan to stock. If coral is a priority, then no dwarf angel is risk-free. Coral beauties are reputed to be the "most"reef safe, but I can't comment on that. None of my angels, dwarf or otherwise, are coral pickers, unlike my matted filefish and butterfly.

One more consideration: I understand that Naoko wrasses like a bit of depth in which they can perform their complex swimming manoeuvers. If this is so, then you may have to reduce your aquascape accordingly.

OP
OP
Shibaken3

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you plan to stock. If coral is a priority, then no dwarf angel is risk-free. Coral beauties are reputed to be the "most"reef safe, but I can't comment on that. None of my angels, dwarf or otherwise, are coral pickers, unlike my matted filefish and butterfly.

One more consideration: I understand that Naoko wrasses like a bit of depth in which they can perform their complex swimming manoeuvers. If this is so, then you may have to reduce your aquascape accordingly.
I was planning on a coral beauty but live aquaria recommend 70 gallons or more so I had to pass on it. Here's the picture for my rock work I think it has some good swimming space for the Naoko. Maybe another wrasse instead of the angel fish?? but 4 wrasse seems too much in a 60 gallon. thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220916_134223.jpg
    20220916_134223.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 58

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back