60 rimless mixed reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tyler22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Awesome build dude. Really like the idea of having some of the rock work exposed above the water line with the mangroves. Any idea what kind of crabs would hang out up there?
Thanks! I've read that sally lightfoot crabs would go up there, but I've also ready they aren't entirely reef safe and can cause trouble so I'm not sure if I want to do them or not. I got 6 mangroves in the mail last week (poorly shipped however) and am hoping they recover and start to turn around. I've picked up a lot of new coral and have some rock work I plan on rearranging a little bit so I'll have to take some updated pics this upcoming week, thanks for the feedback!
 
Hi, really nice build so far! what type of fixtures are those for your radions?
They're 2x4s with a 90 degree metal piece usually used for holding shelves up, attached to the stand with screws. I'll take some pics when I get my rock in that are more close up of how they're put together.
 
Really digging your project. Let us know how the mangrove rehab works.
Thanks, so far atleast 3 of the mangroves are looking promising, I'll definitely keep that updated, rocks just shipped today, hopefully they're here by the end of the week.
 
A couple updated poorly photographed iPhone pics because I'm too lazy to break out the dslr
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419968290.365721.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419968302.499594.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419968316.800663.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419968338.899035.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419968392.991174.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new