6025 Peninsula Cabinet Question

ScampyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 6025 peninsula and it''s marketed as having doors that are accessible on either side which is true except for one piece that looks like it adds support for all the weight and acts as the back of the cabinet that could be used to house a control board. The issue is that the way I want to place my waterbox would be next to a railing on one side. This is the perfect spot in my house as it can be enjoyed from most of the main area of my house... but now I am wondering if because of this little detail (control board panel only accessible from one side) that I will either need to place it elsewhere outside of the tank or completely modify my railing? Is there a way to work around this that I am missing? The instructions don't contain text so I very well could be missing something. It looks like that panel only attaches to the one side... Thank you!
Emily

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 6025 also. I think you can only attach it to one side. This is how mine is. So if you build this way then your railing will be in front of the accessible side? I would chat or e-mail with them, seems like it could go either side too. If there isn't hinge holes on the side to put a door then no-go probably.

2021-04-21_19-32-30.jpg

OP
OP
ScampyTank

ScampyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the manual again, why couldn't 'C' be put on either side.

2021-04-21_19-46-30.jpg
Hey thanks for all your help! I did hear back from waterbox (love how prompt they are!) and unfortunately they said nothing can be done about the placement of panel C...now I will need a plan B!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back