6040 Flow Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 6040’s one is about two years old the other I purchased last November. When the original pump is set to 100% there is significant flow from the pump and the flow can be felt when I place my hand about a foot in front of it. The newer pump is putting out significantly less flow with the same settings. I place my hand in front of it at the same distance and feel about a quarter of the flow I feel from the older pump. Everything looks identical between the pumps, same power supply, blue disk is present in both, and they are both clean. Any ideas?

OP
OP
gerards_reef

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve restarted the pump multiple times. Eventually it would have had to spin in the correct direction.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DC pumps really can't spin backwards.

I would check the following.

1) The propeller may be damaged or a smaller one from a smaller pump model, if so, the propeller from your other pump should solve it.

2) The pump could be dirty, in general they will refuse to run or turn off and on when dirty but if it is a little calcified that could slow it down.

3) The controller could have a flaw and not transmit as much power. You could try swapping controllers, also, turn clockwise until it stops, if you are just basing it on the knob indicator, the knob could be upside down and off by 180 degrees.

OP
OP
gerards_reef

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the propeller. I swapped the propellers as you suggested and the issue switched to the older pump.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me a copy of the receipt and I will get you out a replacement? Tunze at sbcglobal dot net.

Back