6055 malfunction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6055.jpg Hi There, my 6055 seems to have given up - i bought it this year 29th January,
no movement from the head but all the LED's on the controller and 2 of the knobs light up at once
tried unplugging etc numerous times and pressing/ holding buttons incase it needs a reset or something but nothing - no change
any suggestions please as this is my only 'flow'
i have also sent email direct to tunze - no idea if this channel is monitored

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andy,

Likely your email went to Germany so I won't know anything about that, I am in the US. Have you checked that the pump is clean? If the propeller assembly is jammed which generally becomes an issue after 4-6 months if not cleaned, that can cause this sort of behavior. Just remove the propeller assembly and soak the motor and propeller in vinegar to dissolve any calcium deposits.

OP
OP
Bigboned

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Roger is it? Thanks for the reply
I never said as much but i powered it down to clean the head - wasnt bad just light brown film algae mainly, it was after powering back up that it went like this. i removed completly and re-checked fitting etc etc but still no joy so now im stumped - every 10 secs or so it tries to pulse but dosnt quite make it happen - have been trying everything for about a week now, gutted as the LFS is over 2 hours away so i can only get there on weekends and im tied up elsewhere for the next fortnight. im gonna have to buy something to tide me over online - i should have bought it thru amazon and i could have returned online

any other suggestions?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be fairly sure it is the controller as I had a US customer have one do this, likewise pump was very clean, and changing the controller solved it

OP
OP
Bigboned

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how do I go about this? Do I send it in or something? It certainly seems like the head isn’t receiving a signal but is it not all one piece? Dosnt look like the head unplugs similar to the power supply

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the US and I am not in a place to do much more than try to troubleshoot. I expect soon you will receive a response from Germany that would be more helpful.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back