6095 settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 6095 coming in today. Looked online for some set up videos but didnt find much out there as far as video tutorials. Any recommendations on settings for pulse and pulse strength on the dial to start with for a single pump? Itll be running along with a gyre pump at gradual pulse 10-70%.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would generally place the pump in a back corner 8" from the surface with a very slight upward angle and aimed to hit the front roughly 2/3rds down the tank length. I would set the main speed to the highest flow your corals/ sand, etc can handle, pulse speed I would generally set between 20-50%, pulse is the number of seconds it runs at each speed and generally 3-5 is ideal, the range is 2-10 seconds.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will start with the placement and these settings tonight! Thank you!

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I've set it to for starters. Looking good? Appreciate the help @rvitko

20200701_121228.jpg

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main power is typically set higher than the pulse power. I like to run mine with the main power as high as you can handle it as Roger recommended, and the pulse power as low as it can go without turning off. The bigger difference between the main and pulse equals a bigger wave. I like a four second pulse.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh ok. I'll turn pulse power way down. Intuition would lead you to think the higher the pulse power the better the wave if you're getting those intermittment bursts so I appreciate it!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh ok. I'll turn pulse power way down. Intuition would lead you to think the higher the pulse power the better the wave if you're getting those intermittment bursts so I appreciate it!
Feel free to experiment with all the settings and pump position to find what works best. Switch it up once in a while. Enjoy your new Tunze, they are very reliable workhorses.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely like it. I dialed back the gyre to gradual pulse 10 to 50% and the tunze is only sitting at a main power of just above 20% with the pulse nearly off but still on and I get some pretty turbulent flow in the tank. I think i can up it but first I for sure might want to move a hammer caught in the middle of the two!

Back