60g cube help!

Saltwatertaylor

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
532
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers! Just bought a new house, and of course the first thing I want to do to it, is add a fish tank ( I'm sure you all know the feeling ). I have been running this 60 gallon cube for 3 months now. I have a kessil 360, 300 watt hydro heater , and a marine land filter. All new live rock, live sand. The fish include 2 chromis and a clownfish. Corals include a frogspawn, rasta zoas, some type of LPS, a ricordea, and 2 small BTA.

Things have been going okay with this tank... I am at a spot now where I haven't seen coral growth, and the corals look more closed. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what percent intensity and what percent color I should run based on my set up?
 
image.jpeg
 
Do you have a controller for the light? What are you using for flow? How are you water parameters?
 
Hey congrats on the new tank and house. How are your water changes? The reason I ask is because I dont see a Protein skimmer, so you need some type of nutrient export. Good thing Is I dont see GHA
 
No, I do not have a controller for the light. I will have to look when I get home. I had a power head that was too strong, so I got a smaller one. My water parameters are spot on ( just got them checked ). I have considered a protein skimmer, but I do a water change every week, and the parameters seem to be perfect. I have a feeling it's either too much or too little light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new