60g cube help!

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers! Just bought a new house, and of course the first thing I want to do to it, is add a fish tank ( I'm sure you all know the feeling ). I have been running this 60 gallon cube for 3 months now. I have a kessil 360, 300 watt hydro heater , and a marine land filter. All new live rock, live sand. The fish include 2 chromis and a clownfish. Corals include a frogspawn, rasta zoas, some type of LPS, a ricordea, and 2 small BTA.

Things have been going okay with this tank... I am at a spot now where I haven't seen coral growth, and the corals look more closed. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what percent intensity and what percent color I should run based on my set up?

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

pastelball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a controller for the light? What are you using for flow? How are you water parameters?

915MANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey congrats on the new tank and house. How are your water changes? The reason I ask is because I dont see a Protein skimmer, so you need some type of nutrient export. Good thing Is I dont see GHA

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I do not have a controller for the light. I will have to look when I get home. I had a power head that was too strong, so I got a smaller one. My water parameters are spot on ( just got them checked ). I have considered a protein skimmer, but I do a water change every week, and the parameters seem to be perfect. I have a feeling it's either too much or too little light.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back