60g cube stand equipment layouts

cvx16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All - Pretty new to reef keeping here and recently bought my first saltwater tank, a 60g cube. Looking for some advice on how to fit the equipment into the stand and looks like this may be the perfect forum to get some advice. I'll be sifting through this forum here to get some ideas, but in the mean time, would be great if I could get some input.

A few months ago I purchased a 24x24x24, 60g cube setup, including a stand. For ease of discussion, the interior dimensions of the stand are essentially the same as the tank, 24x24x24.

I took some time to refinish the stand and have had the tank on a temporary stand with sump, ATO, power strip and other stuff set around it. The time has almost come to swap out the temporary stand for the refinished and I'm looking for some advice on how to squeeze everything into the stand.

Right now my sump is a 10g glass tank with a filter sock, skimmer, return pump and no baffles. I have a plastic bin for my ATO reservoir that holds about 5g. Both should fit inside the stand, but I'd really like to improve upon things here, especially the sump. I'd like to get some baffles into my sump and also add a refugium. Don't think I'm going to be able to get that done with the existing 10g though.

Does anyone have a similar setup that they've managed to fit a sump (sock, skimmer, fuge, return), ATO, plumbing and electronics into? I'd love to see pictures, drawings, descriptions!

Oh and the tank is plumbed with a 2" drain and a 1" return.

Thanks for the help!

un5tab1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the same tank and stand. They sell a 2 gallon plastic cereal box at Walmart for around 5 bucks that works great as a ato res. The guy that had it before me had 2 10 gallon tanks. He sat 1 higher than the other and used a U pipe to gravity flow. That have a 10 gallon fuge and a sump. I drilled the first one and used a bulkhead and 1 inch pipe to gravity flow the 2 together.

OP
OP
cvx16

cvx16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome, replies and info!

Have the same tank and stand. They sell a 2 gallon plastic cereal box at Walmart for around 5 bucks that works great as a ato res. The guy that had it before me had 2 10 gallon tanks. He sat 1 higher than the other and used a U pipe to gravity flow. That have a 10 gallon fuge and a sump. I drilled the first one and used a bulkhead and 1 inch pipe to gravity flow the 2 together.

Do you have pictures of your setup? I'm interested in seeing how you have it laid out, including the plumbing. Thanks!

CausticGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the 24" eshopps sump front to back with the sock in back and the return in front. I have a 2.5 gallon water jug from Amazon pushed to the back of the other corner (an Eshopps 5g ATO resivoir could have been used but $$$) It still leaves me room for a Mini BRS reactor and a Aquamaxx pellet reactor in front of the ATO, I plan to stuff some dosing containers in there too. It's tight but works ok for me. I have a shelf above the side the sump isn't on.

OP
OP
cvx16

cvx16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the 24" eshopps sump front to back with the sock in back and the return in front. I have a 2.5 gallon water jug from Amazon pushed to the back of the other corner (an Eshopps 5g ATO resivoir could have been used but $$$) It still leaves me room for a Mini BRS reactor and a Aquamaxx pellet reactor in front of the ATO, I plan to stuff some dosing containers in there too. It's tight but works ok for me. I have a shelf above the side the sump isn't on.

Can you share pictures? Your setup sounds very similar to what I'm looking to do. Thx!

CausticGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this turns out ok, sending from my phone.

Electronics all hidden away.
image.jpeg

Co2 Scrubber, light and wire chase.
image.jpeg

Overall shots. Little messy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
cvx16

cvx16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks. I'll have to study those pictures a bit.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back