OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sump. I actually have drawn up plans on my sump as I will build it out of acrylic. I have done quite a few of these and am going one step furth on this one. It will have a small rodi chamber for topoff water with is own rodi supply and float valve to top itself off. Plus it will have a 5g water change area where it will hold 5 gallons of water with a mixing pump that I will be able to flip a switch and pump the 5 gallons of premixed saltwater into the sump. I have designed the return area to be large enough to hold about 6 gallons aof water. When I put a 90 degree elbow on the return pump I should be able to suck most of the water out and still keep it running then add the water change water back into the sump. Clear as mud right ??? lol

On a side note I picked up a miter saw and a router and table today so I can start building a stand. I have drawn plans for this as well. I have made several things over the years but I havent done much with wood. So we will see.

Stay tuned. this will take some time.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am trying my hand at building a stand. Never built one before. Actually I havent built anything from wood beides a shelf since JR high. So here are a couple pics. Still need to make door and a finsih the trim but I ran out of wood. So ill try to finish it next weekend.

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

Just wanted to share.

Stingray

Nano Nutt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Just an idea but walgreens Has that flex seal spray rubber in the can and looks promising for the inside walls and floor of the stand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inside will be White epoxy appliance paint. The outside will be Minwax ebony wood stain. Thanks for the suggestion. Ill have to look at that when I am there.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good Jesse!

PS. I sent you a PM. :)

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I redid the to trim last night. I just want happy with it before. Now I have angled miter joints and a better finish.tonight I finish the bottom trim and start on the door...first stand I ever made. First wood protect I have done since shop in jr high.lol
Well here is a peek.

IMAG0591.jpg

I do need to add a couple more structural pieces but all in all its pretty solid started with a300lb test. Hope to have it done this weekend while the wife and kids are gone.

Last edited:

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back buddy! No matter how hard we try, we could never leave for long. Subscribed...

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok , stand is built. Waiting on glue to dry on my door i built. then I can fill and sand. Should be all stained by the end of week I hope. When thats done its on to the sump...

IMAG0593.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

I am just holding the door up there for the pic to see how it looks.

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

Last edited:

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish i could build stuff like that. I lack both the skills and the tools. If i even tried it would come out totally jacked up. On a side note how much was your tank? I'm getting really sick of my corner tank.

Tank thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81000

LG P999 EaglesBlood 2.8, Trinity ELPmax

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank was $1. THe price of the raffle ticket to win it at MACNA

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mojo man does your skills have an end?

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it will be nice, I also like to be able to see the grain of the wood.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you never know unless you try. So I bought some tools and gave it shot. I think anyone can do it if they really give it a shot

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back