OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will see how long it takes for the vega. I guess they just commited to summer time... so thats pretty vague but I can still get the sump built the tank put in place and start the cycling process. Might just a get a little 2x24 bulb t5 to help start cycling everything. If it gets to be too long of a wait ill just get the vertex sr260 or radion.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will see how long it takes for the vega. I guess they just commited to summer time... so thats pretty vague but I can still get the sump built the tank put in place and start the cycling process. Might just a get a little 2x24 bulb t5 to help start cycling everything. If it gets to be too long of a wait ill just get the vertex sr260 or radion.

You don't like the regular sol blue? I hear you will be able to upgrade it to the Vega or Vega-ish when they are introduced.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, I have had the sol blue and the radion. I would like to try something different. And yes its my understanding and upgrade will be available. I thought I read somewhere it was about a $250 upgrade. I could be wrong there but I did read something like that.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, I have had the sol blue and the radion. I would like to try something different. And yes its my understanding and upgrade will be available. I thought I read somewhere it was about a $250 upgrade. I could be wrong there but I did read something like that.

$250 does sound a little expensive just to do an upgrade but to each his own. Any new pics?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the sump drawing

sump.jpg

building this this week

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the compartment in the middle section? By the way, what program is that?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This its sketchup. Its a free download. The left is where the fresh salt water will sit. The back left is for the ato.then in the middle is where the water will come in and go through a small filter section. Carbon and Gfo. Then the skimmer. Two baffles for maintained skimmer height and bubble trap. On right is return section.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update. I ordered some brs Pukani rock, some Marco rock mortar, 2 mp10 es's a . I sold the apex. It is super nice but way more than I need. Once I get sump together it won't take long to get it wet. Have some work to do on my water changer... But it should make life easy.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This its sketchup. Its a free download. The left is where the fresh salt water will sit. The back left is for the ato.then in the middle is where the water will come in and go through a small filter section. Carbon and Gfo. Then the skimmer. Two baffles for maintained skimmer height and bubble trap. On right is return section.

Thanks for the info on the sketchup. Regarding the rest I really dont understand. What do you mean by the left side is where fresh salt water will sit and the back left is for ato? Is the back left th are where you will keep the ro/di water that you will put into the tank or where the ato will dump the water? If it is where you will keep the ato water, then why not divide that area into 3 chambers and use 2 of them to store your 2-part?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way what would be the use/benefit of keeping a compartment of fresh saltwater?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not using 2 part so no need for Chambers. But good idea if I was. Yes the small area in left corner will hold ro/di water and will house a pump. It will have a float switch in it and top itself off. I have already ran a line through the wall from the ro unit for this. The other area its for me to mix Saltwater for water changes. It will top itself of as well after being used. I will use 2 small pumps. Basically for a water change I need to go up with my bucket. Flip a switch and drain out 5 gallons. Then flip another switch and it will pump in 5 gallons nee water. Dump my bucket and I am done. The mix area will re fill with ro di and I just add salt.it will make more sense when I have it done.basically building in 5g water changer.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its 21x 23 . i had to do a lot of calculating to get it right. it holds 5.8 gallons.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its 21x 23 . i had to do a lot of calculating to get it right. it holds 5.8 gallons.

Thats awesome. I have a 3g container on mine. I would recommend putting a lid on it as it helps with evaporation

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, where did you find the sketchup? I looked for it on the apple store and the one that comes up seems like a game

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just google it. Its on my laptop

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sump parts ready to go....

[h=1]
IMAG0623.jpg
[/h]

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back