60g Cube

crackers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojo I was wondering if you could possibly post a pic of your plumbing? I have the same tank and was just wondering how you routed and designed your drain line.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of cheated. rather than hard plumb it all i used hose for the return and the drain. But ill get you a pic. Waiting on UPS driver to drop off my new light...

My ATO from Avast came today..so i am getting really close to being done. I did order 2 tunze mini pumps for the ATO and the water changer. Those will be here early next week. more to come.....

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I got the light on the tank and its about 2 inches too long.... I was hoping it owuld be perfect or a little short. Its a beautiful light too.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no it doesnt at all. its just me...

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the light will be shipping out. I cant have it hanging over the edge. It sits in the front room of my house and it has to look as good as it works.

I can say the Illumina is built very well.
I also in true mojo fashion picked up a second skimmer for my tank as well. I was looking at skimmers that will fit in my very narrow skimmer section. Being that I built my sump with water storage chambers my skimmer section is like 15" x 6" So the WM mf 121, THe deltec ts, the Tunze skimmers and a few others came to mind right away. Then I came across the Seaside Aquatics CS 5.5. Being that I have had such good luck with my other seaside aquatics skimmers I thought I would have a little shootout between the two. The SSA uses the newer sicce pump. So we will see. I believe the wm will pull a little more air. So a little skimmer testing right out of the gate. One can never have too many skimmers.. lol. skimmer can be found here

Sea Side Aquatics CS5.5 Skimmer [CS5.5] - $269.99 : SoCal Tropical Fish Outlet, Your Source of Superior Supplies

crackers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I also used flexible tubing for my return but I hard plumbed the drainline. I used an elbow to move it over to the side a few inches then did the T with a cap with a small hole deal. Do you think I will have any problems with that setup? I tested all of my plumbing out for about an hour while I was leak testing the tank the other day and everything seemed fine just have never had to add an elbow like that.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think you will have any issues at all.

jrm03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojo, what size drain is on the tank and what size/type of return pump are you using? I am setting up a drilled 60G cube as we speak and trying to plan this one out.
I'm also planning on a Radion for SPS, but will have to go back through and search for your opinions on it since you are going to AI.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a octo 2000 pump. Basically a aquamedic 2500.

Not going with AI yet but it could happen.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a couple pics doing some work on canopy with my daughter.
I added a light under the stand put in egg crate for the filter trays and just need tocut and attach drain line . should have it done this week as parts come together.

here are a few more to share but not much change.
IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the sump drawing

sump.jpg

building this this week

I was able to download this program but I am a little stumped. How were you able to do the walls transparent like if it had water inside?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for lack of updates been working on getting the canopy done. It got a second coat of clear tonight. Light will be here tomorrow. Just need to finish some small plumbing. Tank its plumbed up and is ready for water. Hope to add pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to download this program but I am a little stumped. How were you able to do the walls transparent like if it had water inside?

Sorry for the delay, you have to go to view and select back edges. this will allow you to see inside the box. you have to play with the color pallet a little.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Skimmer 2 came in today. Sea Side Aquatics CS 5.5, Some Fauna Marine lps food, polyp lab food.And..... I ordered a radion to hold me over.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back