6105 Problem with Exposed Metal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, hoping for some feedback about my 6105 pump. This pump is relatively new, maybe 6 months, and runs like a champ just like my other tunze pumps. But when I was cleaning it last weekend, I noticed a small pit in the plastic housing. I was a bit blown away as this pump is very new and this could be now a form of metal going into my tank maybe. Hopefully there is a solution or explanation to this, I'll post some pics.
Thanks all for listening.
20190514_140323.jpg
20190514_140330.jpg

20190514_140346.jpg

20190514_140314.jpg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an odd hole. It looks like it’s been poked with a hot poker. Have you noticed if that pump runs hotter than the others? Could you put a dab of epoxy over it for now? Did you contact tunze?

OP
OP
RCS82

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I've followed threads before here and know that Roger is always there. And I love the tunze pumps so didn't want to go straight to HR with a complaint lol. Thought I would check here for some feedback first cause it seems so odd to have this pit in the casing.
Thanks

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has done the same thing!! It's like a little bump right there, I thought it was to lock it in place in the mount, but the plastic has come off my pump at that point and it looks just like yours.

I didn't worry about it because it wasn't corroded but I two want to know for sure that it's safe.

Whiskey

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I've followed threads before here and know that Roger is always there. And I love the tunze pumps so didn't want to go straight to HR with a complaint lol. Thought I would check here for some feedback first cause it seems so odd to have this pit in the casing.
Thanks

I have 4 6105s , 2 are around 8 years old. None of them have the pit you do .
Going to Roger is never a complain but to just get the best answer possible for me . Am sure he will chime in once back on Monday .

The only reason I still stick to Tunze apart from great products is the customer service from Roger and his willingness to help hobbyists going out of the way .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
RCS82

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 6105s , 2 are around 8 years old. None of them have the pit you do .
Going to Roger is never a complain but to just get the best answer possible for me . Am sure he will chime in once back on Monday .

The only reason I still stick to Tunze apart from great products is the customer service from Roger and his willingness to help hobbyists going out of the way .

Regards,
Abhishek

It's all good. I know there are a ton of 6105s out there definitely. Thanks for the response

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal, since 2016 the shaft goes all the way through the base to make it extra secure, it is titanium.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back