625 Gallon Stand Question

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am helping a friend build his new 625 Gallon Tank. We are currently working on the stand and had a few questions.
It was purchased used and we are using cinder blocks to make the stand.
We will use the old metal frame on top of the blocks. It is 2x2 steal. Our question is, looking at the picture of how the cinder blocks are can we get way with the spacing we have. Its 33" in the back and 18" on the front.

Thoughts
Please note the legs will be removed so it sits flat on the cinder blocks with a piece of plywood between it and the tank.
IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little confused by your question... From the pics I would put another quad set of blocks right in the middle.... I think a lot of your weight will be there dead center.... I'd use a piece of 3/4 foam on top of the plywood as well, is the spacing your making so u can access the tank underneath for plumbing?

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an acrylic tank and I thought you did not use foam under an acrylic tank?

The plumbing will be coming out both back corners. No other plans right now for plumbing out the bottom. We went with a small wall because of the way the metal frame was made by the previous owner. We can alway add to that without issue, should we space them out you think?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back