62mm filter for coral photography

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefRondo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
2,571
Location
Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Just got myself my first macro lens for my camera and need some advice on the best (I assume) orange filter for it. I need a 62mm filter.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
 
Hi all!

Just got myself my first macro lens for my camera and need some advice on the best (I assume) orange filter for it. I need a 62mm filter.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
I have a set from Amazon. Works fantastic
 
I honestly don't like the tiffen filters. I think they are too saturated. I like the orphek ones a lot more. The new ones come in 55mm, which is smaller than you need... I am not sure if a step down adapter will affect shooting. I am fairly new to photography.
 
I honestly don't like the tiffen filters. I think they are too saturated. I like the orphek ones a lot more. The new ones come in 55mm, which is smaller than you need... I am not sure if a step down adapter will affect shooting. I am fairly new to photography.
Thanks man. I’ll see how this Tiffen one gets on later today when it arrives. I’m a complete novice with photography so I’m finding the learning curve on aquarium photography rather steep. On one of the videos posted above the guy tests a good few filters and this one shows the colours that are most pleasing to my eye and it seems his too. Will post my findings. I assume such a small step down to 55mm would be acceptable on a 62mm lens?
 
Thanks man. I’ll see how this Tiffen one gets on later today when it arrives. I’m a complete novice with photography so I’m finding the learning curve on aquarium photography rather steep. On one of the videos posted above the guy tests a good few filters and this one shows the colours that are most pleasing to my eye and it seems his too. Will post my findings. I assume such a small step down to 55mm would be acceptable on a 62mm lens?
yea give the tiffens a go if you already bought them. I know a lot of people really like them on here. I would assume a step down for that size shouldnt have a much of an issue, so you can try that out if you don't like the tiffens
 
Thanks man. I’ll see how this Tiffen one gets on later today when it arrives. I’m a complete novice with photography so I’m finding the learning curve on aquarium photography rather steep. On one of the videos posted above the guy tests a good few filters and this one shows the colours that are most pleasing to my eye and it seems his too. Will post my findings. I assume such a small step down to 55mm would be acceptable on a 62mm lens?
Any update on how the Tiffen filter did for you? I’m looking for a 62mm filter as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new