65 gallon tank stocking ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squid0riv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Squid0riv

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Oceanside
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm fairly new to fishkeeping having only started around 5 months ago and already having two smaller tanks and now onto a bigger 65 gallon one and I just wanted some help in planning out a new mixed reef tank. I will be attempting to make a 20g sump for the tank aswell so a higher bioload could be fine and I do know I want a marine betta as the centerpiece of the tank but im struggling to come up with other stocking ideas for the rest of the tank. Any Ideas?
 
Well, a lot depends on tank size, but it will be a range, depending on what filtration you want/will be using. Having a skimmer and a roller filter (or frequent socks cleaning) will ramp up your limits… adding UV to prevent some fish diseases helps and so on…

Now adding corals into equation makes it about refugium and lightning…

At the same time - its compatibility between species of fishes and corals.

Lists are very very personal, both fishes and corals.

I guess the best start for you, maybe, is here:

Yes its quite basic but you can start your research from it?

Hope it helps.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new