OP
R

ReefDemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no help here.....but DUDE talk about a dram tank. but are you sure you want 3' high? can you go 3' wide?

No I couldnt get my arm to the bottom of a 3ft high tank, maintaining that would be a pain. Its 3ft wide and 2.5ft high, that way I can have nice depth for the fish and aquascape and still reach the bottom to maintain it.

DzidtheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mp60s and big boy gyres. My friend has an 8ft pennisula, and has 4 mp40s on one side and 2gyres on the side by the overflow, he had to turn down the flow of the mp40s because water would splash out his tank

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I couldnt get my arm to the bottom of a 3ft high tank, maintaining that would be a pain. Its 3ft wide and 2.5ft high, that way I can have nice depth for the fish and aquascape and still reach the bottom to maintain it.

AH much better! that is what I would do as well. thought I read it was 3' high.

OP
OP
R

ReefDemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I talked through the thought process about the flow in the peninsula with my gf last night, she seems to agree that even though the panta rhei's are expensive it seems like its the way we should go.... buy once and all that jazz. So to start with we will have 2x Panta Rhei ECM63's on the overflow wall and 3 Gyre 350's on the top of the peninsula (short side) this should give us a gyre effect that goes to the other end of the tank both ways.

10ft peninsula ecm63 gyre350.jpg

We also discussed when the corals grow out, there may be dead spots (which I doubt) but if there is, Then we will add in a closed loop system at the top of the tank, with 6 SeaSwirls with eductor nozzles to create more turbulent flow when combined with the flow already in the tank.

10ft peninsula ecm63 gyre350 seaswirl.jpg

When I told her how much the Panta Rhei's and the SeaSwirls with an Abyzz would cost, she did'nt seem to shocked..... then she reminded me that the deal was she could do whatever she wanted in the house. I feel like I might have made a deal with the devil here! :oops:

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I talked through the thought process about the flow in the peninsula with my gf last night, she seems to agree that even though the panta rhei's are expensive it seems like its the way we should go.... buy once and all that jazz. So to start with we will have 2x Panta Rhei ECM63's on the overflow wall and 3 Gyre 350's on the top of the peninsula (short side) this should give us a gyre effect that goes to the other end of the tank both ways.

10ft peninsula ecm63 gyre350.jpg

We also discussed when the corals grow out, there may be dead spots (which I doubt) but if there is, Then we will add in a closed loop system at the top of the tank, with 6 SeaSwirls with eductor nozzles to create more turbulent flow when combined with the flow already in the tank.

10ft peninsula ecm63 gyre350 seaswirl.jpg

When I told her how much the Panta Rhei's and the SeaSwirls with an Abyzz would cost, she did'nt seem to shocked..... then she reminded me that the deal was she could do whatever she wanted in the house. I feel like I might have made a deal with the devil here! :oops:
Sounds like she has something in particular in mind. Something with a lot of zeros after it. Maybe I can save you some money by building your stairs for you. TreeofLifeStairs.com

OP
OP
R

ReefDemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like she has something in particular in mind. Something with a lot of zeros after it. Maybe I can save you some money by building your stairs for you. TreeofLifeStairs.com

Dude!! those stairs are amazing! If I lived in the States I would, I'm in the UK where I'm struggling to find the acroporas you guys get so regularly lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back