675 gallon glass display / 1,100 + gallon system in LA

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing built so far, George.
Your scape is out of the ordinary and looks very natural.

The shallow tank might indeed cause some issues with flow. The rockwork will not help and corals will block even more.
As you spread the MP's over the whole width of the tank, they will work against each other.
Once water is inside, you might check to put only half of the MP's at 1 side of the width and create a circular flow all around.

One more suggestion as this is a peninsula tank > make one side (wave maker side) black. Cleaning the glass in between those wavemakers will be a pain.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you spread the MP's over the whole width of the tank, they will work against each other.
Once water is inside, you might check to put only half of the MP's at 1 side of the width and create a circular flow all around.

This is my suggestion as well. Use all the power heads to work together and blow across the back of the tank, and then the water will naturally sweep back across the front of the tank to replace the water which was moved. When you set up a gyre flow like this, you can get much more flow from fewer power heads.

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blown away! Thanks for sharing, i will definitely keep following this Post. Great looking tank so far. ;Jawdrop

Slyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build is amazing! I can't wait to see more updates! The time and thought put into the build are amazing. Your previous tank looked awesome as well!

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are two professional pics of my last house which shows the two sides of the tank...keep in mind my construction company did all the remodeling at my old place that I sold and my new home as well (it helps to build your home around your reef). Hopefully my new tank looks as nice when it's done [emoji736]

408a1f929a605e2012ea43e42c357252.jpg

a561493ac0e4a30ba6913c90f5d7ae04.jpg

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f69108a375b0bb4250cc95f42afdfb4e.jpg

This is the canopy places upside down, it is pretty much a white 3/4" acrylic tank that was built and then we added some bracing.

This canopy is 8'x4'x9" and will be hung above the tank.

Inside the canopy are 15 x Gen 3 & 4 Radions on rails so they can be slid back and forth. Also the lights on the two side rails were installed at a slight angle to concentrate the light toward the middle!

Thanks to Aquarium city for installing the lights onto the acrylic canopy!

WOW, I saw this canopy there and at least now I know who it belongs too. :) Great build and welcome back.

Atif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... No wards just wating for more pics....

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back