6ft 180g bow front lighting choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joeype
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joeype

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2018
Messages
228
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am setting up a 6ft 180g bow front aquarium which will have SPS and LPS. What lighting would be the best choice? Thank you!!
 
You have a lot of options depending on budget and preferences. I would actually consider watching the BRS 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube, I think they have a few episodes there where they look at LEDs, T5s and metal halides. I know they are a business and in business to sell products but I think they do a great job with giving some solid info.
 
thanks, I did watch it. Was wondering if anyone with this style tank would have any experience on success with what lights. I know many work, gonna go with something with an arm mount. 3 wide should suffice.
 
Bowfronts can be a little funny to light. They are narrow on the ends and then wider in the middle, obviously. A real nice LED unit out there right now is the Reefi Duo Extreme. Its sharp looking, powerful, has all the features you could ask for and a few of them would look great over a 180.
 
I will check them out. Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new