7.89 ug/l copper in reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dp916
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dp916

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
162
Reaction score
178
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
starting Reef moonshine method, my icp test shows 7.89 ug/l while other metals are non detectable are within range. Rodi water shows none of these elements. I do daily water changes of 5 gallon a day on 220 reef tank, reef crystal salt. My question is may I use Caprisorb to reduce the copper but I’m afraid it will also throw off all beneficial metals. Advice is need thank you.
 
I do not know if that level is an actual problem (my level was higher when I tested it, and it did not concern me), but I agree with the concern that no method will get copper and nothing else.

Have you looked to be sure there is no metal in the tank water or ro/di water? Like brass anywhere?
 
Thanks for reply Randy, none. This morning I removed every thing that may be a concern.
IMG_0357.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0358.png
    IMG_0358.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 21
Unless anything seems to be suffering, I’d probably just keep an eye on it and not dose any copper containing supplements.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new