7" Media Cups

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bit if a funky system. I found a massive 150 gallon sump from a former LFS that I repurposed into my sump for my 180. The trials and tribulations are well documented in my build thread.

One of the consistent challenges has been changing out the filter socks. The way i plumbed the system, i have to pop off a few pieces of pictures every time I go to change the socks. A few of those misadventures can be found here.

20200826_133830.jpg

I thought that I'd make my life easy by replacing the ends of the hard fittings with 1" flexible tubing, but I still run the risk of putting strain on my external overflow everything I mess with the socks.

20201101_202609.jpg

So I'd like to find something easier. Can someone point me towards a set of 7" media cups?

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the ones I bought. Looks like the set is out of stock in black but the singles are available. Or the whites are in stock too. I love them. I ended up grinding down the outer ring so they fit flush with the sock holders

OP
OP
LBReefer

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the ones I bought. Looks like the set is out of stock in black but the singles are available. Or the whites are in stock too. I love them. I ended up grinding down the outer ring so they fit flush with the sock holders

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back