70 gallon frag tank

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! I look forward to seeing pictures!

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve been looking at those myself. Did you go with the museum option? I can’t decide if it’s worth the money. I’m thinking about going with the multilevel racks also. It sure adds up fast. Looking forward to your build.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a new frag tank from them for frag swaps turned out nice, great quality, clean seams!
20200215_135914.jpg

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice! Looks awesome. I did go with the museum option , should be here in a few weeks will let you know then how it looks .
I just ordered one...went with the museum option also. Been looking for over a week. Can’t seem to think about anything else...lol.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
72x24x12 ...went with the frag racks also. It was more expensive than my 245 DT I bought used. My great deal on a used tank has been really expensive in the end. I can’t seem to stop adding tanks and equipment...lol. I absolutely love the challenge/hobby of reef keeping.

OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72x24x12 ...went with the frag racks also. It was more expensive than my 245 DT I bought used. My great deal on a used tank has been really expensive in the end. I can’t seem to stop adding tanks and equipment...lol. I absolutely love the challenge/hobby of reef keeping.
Should be great, I went with the 4 foot version for space restrictions, but plan to go all in on equipment. Sump is being modified to allow claisea ( I hate socks)

For lighting I’m doing hybrid t5 and Radion. Timing was good on gen 5, preordered gen 5 blue for my display and will use gen 4 off display for frag tank.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Should be great, I went with the 4 foot version for space restrictions, but plan to go all in on equipment. Sump is being modified to allow claisea ( I hate socks)

For lighting I’m doing hybrid t5 and Radion. Timing was good on gen 5, preordered gen 5 blue for my display and will use gen 4 off display for frag tank.
What are you planning for flow? I think I’m going with mp40s. I have mp40s and 60s on my DT. The 60s I think are overkill. I have a extra mp10 already.

I love the hybrid t5 setup. I have that with kessil AP700s on my main. I’ll go with the same but with the Kessil 360x as I already have one.

OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning for flow? I think I’m going with mp40s. I have mp40s and 60s on my DT. The 60s I think are overkill. I have a extra mp10 already.

I love the hybrid t5 setup. I have that with kessil AP700s on my main. I’ll go with the same but with the Kessil 360x as I already have one.
I’ll go with mp40’s maybe one or two. Probably go with eco tech return as well. Mp10 won’t work I think with the 3/4 acrylic as their rated for thickness <9.5 mm.

what bulbs do you use? I’m thinking two blue plus and two actinic...

going to set up calcium reactor too, just ordered from geo reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ll go with mp40’s maybe one or two. Probably go with eco tech return as well. Mp10 won’t work I think with the 3/4 acrylic as their rated for thickness <9.5 mm.

what bulbs do you use? I’m thinking two blue plus and two actinic...

going to set up calcium reactor too, just ordered from geo reef
I use two blue plus and two actinic on my DT. I really like it. I had two blue specials, two blue plus for a bit.. to white. I dose two part with apex and my frag tank is getting plumbed into my main system.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you putting anything on the bottom of the tank? I’m thinking maybe some ABS Sheets. I have a couple of coral covered rocks I’d like to put in my tank. I’m worried about scratching up the acrylic though. Never had a acrylic tank.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice! I’m surprised to hear that. I’d be nervous to change my lights out on my main tank. Although I know those will be close...When I rented a par meter and made some changes...I lost a lot of coral. Just changing the height of my lights and distance for better coverage. It’s easy to burn them with led. Take it slow.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back