70 gallons of fun

DeepFreeze

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Overland Park
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank started out as an aggressive fish/eel tank. I had a leopard eel and clown trigger until my move a few weeks ago. I decided I wanted to have more corals and the water quality was a pain to keep up with with two messy eaters.
I am dealing with a small aptasia issue right now, but without the eel and trigger I was able to get some peppermint shrimp to help with that issue. Here is a break down of my tank
70 gallon Oceanic (36x18x25)
29 gallon sump
ASM G3 Skimmer w/gate valve mod
2 - Koralia K3's for flow
100 lbs live rock (25 lbs of Marshall Island and 75 lbs of base rock)
250w 20,000k DE MH
2 x 24" PC actinic lamps

Current livestock:
Pulsing zenia
finger leather
various zoas
torch
GSP
purple mushrooms
4 peppermint shrimp
4 turbo snails
1 fighting conch
3 emerald crabs
some nerite (sp) snails (I am not sure how many survived the move)

Here is an old FTS. I will update it once things clear up after the move.

70g0018.jpg
 
looking good.
let's see some more pictures!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new