• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

72" reefbrite tech all blue lights

pizzaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good used condition. No issues.
$225 shipped with tracking and insurance. Will ship within 48 hours of payment

20171029_141907.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to know. i have a 6' spectra... fantastic light. do you run one on each side of your spectra or just a single?
On each side. I'm running a 4 foot Spectra - radiums, ATI true actinic T5s and the two XHOs. I work so much that I want to be able to sit and watch my tank late at night as its about the only time available. So True actinic T5s from 2 - 10, Radiums from 2 - 8 and XHOs from 12 - 12.

10Seconds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Centerline, can you post a pic of your setup? I am currious how to mount the xho to the Spectra. I have the same setup and am looking to add the XHOs

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a picture would be cool but looking at the standard xo mounts you could likely just screw them on to the end of the spectrum. i know the screws are long enough.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a picture would be cool but looking at the standard xo mounts you could likely just screw them on to the end of the spectrum. i know the screws are long enough.
@Brian Bieger and @10Seconds yup. The mounting clips brackets, whatever they are called screw right in to the Spectra. you will need a hex driver to back out the screws. Here are a few pictures.

20180223_005336.jpg

So thats the mounting bracket that came the XHOs - I found that using those specific holes allow the light to rest against the Spectra at a great angle for the tank and looks completely unobtrusive.

20180223_005330.jpg

The angle the XHOs are at allow for about 60% solid coverage per side and 100% overlap in the center of the tank.
IMG_20180223_092737.jpg

But you can easily change the angle as the screws hold the lights fairly tightly. Also as you may be able to see - the screws on the Spectra are rusting a little (This fixture has seen years of use and that is the only rust on it) so it may be a good time to find some black stainless screws.

wall.jpg

One thing I would consider though is cutting off the part of the clips that stick out. I never have because I have 50 thousand projects going on all the time and just haven't prioritized those little wings yet. I still need to plumb the wall to hide those cables to I may do so then.

And here is what they look like from a sitting viewing angle about 10 feet away.

Hope this helps.

20180223_005105.jpg

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back